D&D 5E Is 5e Heroic, or SUPER-heroic?

Oofta

Legend
I linked to an actual play report in the post you quoted. I've linked to another in this post. I think I have more actual play (not "story hour") posts on these boards than any other poster.

No one is keeping it a secret from you how Classic Traveller or Burning Wheel or Wuthering Heights plays.
[/QUOTE]

It may not be a secret, but I have no desire nor the time to play those games. If you did link to info, I can't see it.

Regardless, I don't want rules for what you want any more than I want more detailed rules for stealth. YMMV.

All I can say is that I've never played or run a game where the PCs were fighting literal gods.

Different games, different experiences.

Rise of Timat has you fighting one (Tiamat) and it was the first AP released. Demon princes have also featured (and taking on Orcus was a large part of 4E and AD&D in ToEE and Demon Lords are pretty close in power to Gods (and certainly worthy threats for Avengers level heroes).

TheBoredGM

Beneath our modern banality, we're just savages.
Rise of Timat has you fighting one (Tiamat) and it was the first AP released. Demon princes have also featured (and taking on Orcus was a large part of 4E and AD&D in ToEE and Demon Lords are pretty close in power to Gods (and certainly worthy threats for Avengers level heroes).
In concept, and in story, they are threats. But not in mechanics.
I know that it depends on the group.
As soon as the PC-oriented Tasha's Cauldron of everything is released the official monsters will feel even easier. As the players grow more powerful and gain more abilities, the monsters stay the same. 5e has been out for years now. Most people aren't beginners.

Remove ads