D&D 5E Is Adventures in Middle Earth worth trying to get?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
So look for a used copy? Or they’ll start selling the old stuff? Sorry for all the questions 😅

That's a good question. I dont know if they'll have the right to publish the old stuff. It would make sense since its of little use to publish stuff for a game whose player's and dm's guide are discontinued. Anyway, I'd wait a little to get anything. There's a Reddit for AiME, I bet those question were answered somewhere on there.

Datactingguy

Explorer
That's a good question. I dont know if they'll have the right to publish the old stuff. It would make sense since its of little use to publish stuff for a game whose player's and dm's guide are discontinued. Anyway, I'd wait a little to get anything. There's a Reddit for AiME, I bet those question were answered somewhere on there.
Thank you so much for your help!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I only recently found out about it, and also discovered it’s been discontinued. Is it worth trying to buy the books now, especially since they’ve likely gone up in price second hand? Is it good enough for me to drop 200 bucks to buy the books I can from the site? Or am I better off trying to get TOR (or wait for the second edition)?
It’s a good D&D conversion of Middle Earth, and even better as a low-magic but high fantasy D&D mod. Worth getting if you’re interested in that.

If you just wanna play a middle earth game, I’d get TOR. I’m personally not interested at all in the upcoming new edition, but others are excited about it.

Weiley31

Legend
It’s a good D&D conversion of Middle Earth, and even better as a low-magic but high fantasy D&D mod. Worth getting if you’re interested in that.

If you just wanna play a middle earth game, I’d get TOR. I’m personally not interested at all in the upcoming new edition, but others are excited about it.
Currently I'm just jacking stuff from it for my 5E games. I used the Eves of Mirkwood intro module as a prologue sequence for another module.

Lem23

Adventurer
It's a great version (though I'm torn, since I realy like TOR too), and probably my favourite version over 5e normal. I'd pick up what you can now. Fria Ligan have the rights to TOR, and they've said they're going to put out 2nd ed of those rules sometime soon-ish (though that could still be a while), an that they're going to be doing stuff for their 5e version, but whether that's AIME or a different version for 5e is in the clouds for now - I'm not sure what the legal situation is there, as TOR was created by Sophisticated Games, and they're on board with FL, whereas AIME was done by Cubicle 7, and so FL may not have the rights to that particular 5e version.

Weiley31

Legend
There's enough stealable stuff that it's worth checking out. But I don't think you need to buy the whole series; just the player's handbook and loremaster's guide should be enough.
I say say that the PHB, Lore Masters guide, The Rivendell Book, the Rhrovanion book, and the Mirkwood Campaign book are the ones to nab. The Eves of Mirkwood starter module contains some buffs/changes to the Sage and Warden class so I grabbed that too when I got my PHB cooy. Legit plan on playing as a Warden in a DND 5E game.

Those would be the books to get if your nabbing crunch. The others, from what I can tell, don't offer muchish. The Lore Masters guide is the DM and Monster Manuel combined. Mirkwood has the Nazgul statted and I think the Rivendale book has the Witch King statted too.

Last edited:

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Oh, so hold off for now? For a rerelease/second edition? I’m sure I can find the PDFs no problem, I just like having hardbacks hahaha
I think Fria Ligan is going to focus on TOR2E at first so it may be a while before we see new AiME stuff. You might have the most luck contacting local gaming stores (or finding stores willing to ship) and seeing if they have any hardbacks in stock.

Remove ads