• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is Alcohol considered a poison in the game?

Boone

First Post
As topic state is alcohol considered a "poison" in the game.

It effects a character or a creatures abilities but is it considered a poison....? Any wotc support to your oppinion would be appreciated.

ogre

First Post
no, it's usually too yummy to be a poison. A drug, yes, but a poison.... only after yeaaaaars of consumption.
Of course, your liver may have a different opinion....

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
From TFT...

From Tournaments, Fairs, and Taverns...

"Alcohol is a mild poison."

Thank you, Natural 20 press, for clearing this up! Since Natural 20 press is THE imprint of ENWorld, it must be true, right!?! :)

--The Sigil

Boone

First Post
So if a paladin were to slay a Chaotic Evil opponant after he had been drinking would the Paladin be subject to a "paladin code" violation?

Christian

Explorer
Boone said:
So if a paladin were to slay a Chaotic Evil opponant after he had been drinking would the Paladin be subject to a "paladin code" violation?

Depends on just how drunk the Paladin was ...

:D

(runs away)

bwgwl

First Post
i would say yes, if only so that dwarves could use their "+2 on Fort saves vs poison" to resist getting drunk. :p dwarves should be able to hold their drink better than other races...

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Rather than treating alcohol as a poison, ya could use the rules for drugs and such from, I believe, Magic of Faerun. Or use the 1e rules for intoxication (found in the DMG).

Otterscrubber

First Post
I think alchohol is a very mild poison that causes temporary Int damage, or possibly wisdom. Say 1d2 Wis, Int, Dex drain for initial and secondary poison and a DC of what, 20 or so? Works for me, although I would say that it comes back faster than 1 or 2 points per day.

Taloras

First Post
Otterscrubber said:
I think alchohol is a very mild poison that causes temporary Int damage, or possibly wisdom. Say 1d2 Wis, Int, Dex drain for initial and secondary poison and a DC of what, 20 or so? Works for me, although I would say that it comes back faster than 1 or 2 points per day.

Id say.....the temporary points come back at 2 per hour. And that 1d2.....thats 1d2 points for HOW much alcohol?

Remove ads