Is ENWorld getting less friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Mercule said:
That, and you find out real quick over there that you need to be able to take lumps as well as give 'em. Funny, but I think I've been less snarky over here since joining Nothingland.

Yep. Ditto. It helps having a place to blow off steam.

BSF

Explorer
Well, since de-lurking I am more aware of disagreements. I have noticed that there were flare-ups over the Book of Erotic Fantasy, the related changes to the d20STL, the mentioned fracas over DTRPG, the new Eberron release, and a few other subjects. Topics that people feel committed to can get heated. It does seem to come in waves and it does seem to affect a general atmosphere throughout the board. But, I still enjoy hanging out here and I try to avoid making inflammatory statements. I also try to avoid replying to inflammatory statements. I try to remember that the people on the other screens are, well, people. We all have good days, we all have bad days. I don't see your body language, you don't see mine. I try to treat everyone else as a potential friend, because I know we already have something in common. There are a lot of folks here that I would like to meet someday. There are enough of those people that it makes it easier to try to be respectful of others.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
This is where I come ot hang out with people I consider friends, even if I only see them once or twice a year, or more likely never met in person. In real life, friends have arguements and disagree about things, but keep coming back to patch things up. I see the same thing here.

I agree completely.
I think Eberron brought out some snarkiness again for some reason but seems to me that is dying down already.
I love this place and I am glad steps are taken to keep it a place I like to be.

EricNoah

Adventurer
We moderators are really only good at putting out fires after they've started. The unsung heroes, though, are the hordes of you who don't start a fire in the first place ... even when you have an opportunity to do so by taking someone down a peg, proving how smart or morally superior you are, overreacting, etc. :) When you take it on yourself to set a good example, that does a million times more good than a moderator coming and slapping people around or closing threads. Thank you to all of you who consistently show the rest of EN World how to "do it right."

EricNoah

Adventurer
Thanks, man. I've had this Black Eyed Peas song stuck in my head, and now it's gone ... and been replaced with visions of rhinestones...

EricNoah said:
Thanks, man. I've had this Black Eyed Peas song stuck in my head, and now it's gone ... and been replaced with visions of rhinestones...

Just glad I can be helpful..... :eek:

joe b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads