• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Is it just me, or do damaging effects suck in 4E?

keterys

First Post
As an aside... if you've got 121 enemies to hit with the meteor swarm, somehow... just assume you missed 6 times per number you miss on. Like, if you need 8s to hit the minions, you missed 42 of them. Scatter evenly.

Seriously :)

SSquirrel

Explorer
Personally I'm just curious how 121 opponents are fitting into a 5x5 area. Even if burst 5 means radius 5, you'd still talking a 10x10 area

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
SSquirrel said:
Personally I'm just curious how 121 opponents are fitting into a 5x5 area. Even if burst 5 means radius 5, you'd still talking a 10x10 area
Nope. burst 5 meansd pick a square, and it goes out 5 squares in every direction from that spot. It's an 11x11 grid.

TK Lafours

First Post
Piratecat said:
Nope. burst 5 meansd pick a square, and it goes out 5 squares in every direction from that spot. It's an 11x11 grid.
So, technically you could have even more than 121 enemies caught in the burst if some of them are flying right? Assuming the burst is three dimensional. Someone find me some flying minions to slaughter!

Family

First Post
So if you hover 6 squares up it COULD hit 1330 enemies (swarms counting as 1), now we just need to shove 7 more into there. ;)

Last edited:

Zelgadas

First Post
Korgoth said:
Or, it's actually a stupid rule.

I don't think it's actually a rule, per se. From what I've seen of the text, it seems to be more an example of what you could do with Intimidate rather than a hard-and-fast result of the check. As with virtually any skill, success grants you results that are entirely dependent on the circumstances and what the DM thinks is reasonable. My take on it, at least.

Starbuck_II

First Post
Brent_Nall said:
Sun? Sun!!!! No, we hates it, the bright, burning thing. It burns us and blinds us, precious.
I know your quoting movie text, but due to my part irish heritage that actually is true (Irish burn in the sun).

Remove ads