• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Is it just me or does Tiamat kind of blow in Tyranny of Dragons?

Chocolategravy

First Post
She is a bit of a handful but doable for a level 20 party. Considering she is CR 30 so shouldn't normally even be fought by a party below level 30, she is pretty under powered. I could see a level 20 party gating her in and kicking her butt for giggles.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I love that she has 5 legendary resistance/actions. I'd really like to see a full range of legendary monsters, some with just 1 point, others up to 5 like Tiamat, not just 3 like it is throughout MM.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
She should have a few Inspirations as well. 6 or 7 (who says that deities cannot have more than one?). That would teach those pesky 20th level guys. :erm:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
She is a bit of a handful but doable for a level 20 party. Considering she is CR 30 so shouldn't normally even be fought by a party below level 30, she is pretty under powered. I could see a level 20 party gating her in and kicking her butt for giggles.

I'd give her max HP for one though but I hate average HP stuff.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Rear left toenail.

Shatter that claw and she comes crumbling apart into thousands of multi-colored harmless foot-long garter snakes with mini dragon heads.

aramis erak

Legend
You know that legendary actions refresh at the beginning of every round, right?

That means she can use a breath weapon (on average) 6 times more often than the red in your example.

Edit: Maths is hard.

Not at start of round - but at start of the creature's own turn. A minor, but occasionally important, element.

DMBR v. 0.2, p. 6.
MM p. 11

Chocolategravy

First Post
She should have a few Inspirations as well. 6 or 7 (who says that deities cannot have more than one?). That would teach those pesky 20th level guys. :erm:
Inspirations is a better mechanic than the legendary saves. If she (and other legendaries) got a couple of those on a recharge it would help them seem a little less like DM fiat and a little more like the vagaries of battle.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads