Pathfinder 2E Is It Time for PF2 "Essentials"?

Thomas Shey

Legend
Unfortunately, there’s nothing like that, and it sucks. I had to go by what someone posted on reddit to see what changed in the second printing.
It is kind of annoying. Not that they'd be the first game company to be less than helpful in how they publish their errata, but with a big detailed game system its much more of a thing.

Porridge

Explorer
And here’s an interesting post from this morning by Erik Mona, Paizo’s CCO:

“Folks, the game is doing well. It'd be doing better if we weren't in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, but we've sold a TON of books and continue to do so. More importantly, we believe the current game provides a design infrastructure and presentation that we can better build on toward the future than a system whose infrastructure dates back to the 1990s.

In terms of the overall timeline, we are not in the "2015" of Pathfinder Second Edition. We are in the "2011" of Pathfinder Second Edition. And the fundamental business (and the game's fundamental design) is much more sound, and the potential for growth much more significant, than it was back then.

Online engagement with the brand, from people making, watching, and commenting on online videos to participation in online forums, is something that actually happens now. That activity was dead prior to second edition, and now it is vibrant and getting more so.

Most of our subscriptions are higher now than they were 2 years ago. In ALL of those cases they are also higher than they were 3 years ago. And 5 years ago.

The RPG hobby has grown monstrously in the last 3-5 years. There are plenty of gold pieces to share among the party.”

(Link: paizo.com - Forums / Pathfinder Second Edition: General Discussion: Paizo/Pathfinder 2e and the Current Market)

Attachments

• E597A2BB-6A3A-4E4A-9AB5-2C11CA661BBA.png
    E597A2BB-6A3A-4E4A-9AB5-2C11CA661BBA.png
    409.7 KB · Views: 117

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I have First round and second round for the crb there.
That’s not what those sections are. The first part contains stuff from the second round of errata. The reason they are split is because of limitations in Paizo’s FAQ system. For example, the changes to bulk regarding held, worn, and stowed items are included in part 1 even though they are new as of the 2nd round of errata.

That’s not what those sections are. The first part contains stuff from the second round of errata. The reason they are split is because of limitations in Paizo’s FAQ system. For example, the changes to bulk regarding held, worn, and stowed items are included in part 1 even though they are new as of the 2nd round of errata.
Right. God that’s crazy ridiculous I thought it was literally part 1 and 2. It’s puzzling. They had this right in 1e

Which brings us back to my statement...

Cheers
You’re welcome. And not really. Given your many, many, many hyperbolic posts around pf2 being a failure it’s often difficult to parse what actually is or not.

I mean, is it a failure? Not really, beyond the confusion of my part as to whether or not it’s versioned (hence why I asked the question). Does it do the job of errata? sure, it certainly doesn’t really fail to do that. Though indeed, it could be more thoughtfully organised.

Remove ads