WotC Is Mike Mearls Happy Hour still a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

When the dispute is among people who care about each other, the situation can involve conflictive emotions.

In any case, I avoid ‘trial by public opinion’.

They too often become witch hunt frenzies.
Exactly. And if those people qualify for that exception they dont make it public. If they dont qualify (dont care) then they go tk the police or they are asking for the witch hunt which automatically qualifies them for my "ignore" list.

There aren’t enough eyeroll emojis to process the melodrama.
Melodrama? All right, I'll cop to that. I let my rhetoric get away from me sometimes. But I'm willing to bet that if you were trying to tell me that you saw a problem with my behavior, you would want me to do more than roll my eyes and snark at the tone you used to do it. If you'll forgive the cliché, I'm asking you not to act in the way you want others not to act. The root cause of my melodramatics is frustration at seeing the "good guys" adopt the same attitudes and tactics as the "bad guys".

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
When the dispute is among people who care about each other, the situation can involve conflictive emotions.

In any case, I avoid ‘trial by public opinion’.

They too often become witch hunt frenzies.
Yeah it really sucks how people accused of abuse have been burned at actual stakes...oh, wait, that isn’t a thing, and most of them haven’t even suffered any significant consequence beyond public embarrassment.

doctorbadwolf

Are you claiming that "calling out" or "cancellation" or whatever you want to call it does not hurt people?

Are its targets not hurt... or are they just not people?

Oh for goodness’ sake.

“Cancel culture” doesn’t exist, first of all.

Second, calling people out for bad behavior is a necessary and healthy part of normal social dynamics. The person being called out isn’t a bloody victim.

Comparing any of this to literal death by extreme torture is completely uncalled for, and frankly disgusting.

doctorbadwolf

Wow. Just wow.

Considering the millions of unreported rapes that occur every year in the United States, I wonder if you've actually really thought out this position.
Well, on the bright side this thread is proving me right about some suspicions I’ve had, that had lead me to ignore some folks. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads