Is Origins going downhill?

krisnitori

First Post
THE BAD
--------------------
The following game companies were NOT in attendance...and should have been...

Wizards of the Coast
White Wolf (or whoever owns them now)

Just to let you know. WW was there, booth 513 - the one with the changeling, Scion, Exalted banners and three tables of demos. We also had a WW company room with all sorts of TT games and we were running LARPs as well.

Sorry you missed us.

Crothian

First Post
krisnitori said:
We also had a WW company room with all sorts of TT games

And with the TT events we got free sets of dice!! I played in 3 whitewolf games (2 changeling and one Scion) and got three bags of Dice plus coupons enough for 17$ off a purchase from their booth. It was really great what they were doing!! :D

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
kenobi65 said:
Reaper was there; they had a pretty big booth, in fact, in the southern end of the exhibit hall.

If you are referring to the big castle with REAPER on the side...that wasn't actually Reaper. It was a reseller selling Reaper stuff. I went in there to look at the new prepainted minis (I wanted to buy some but would have been happy with a display) and they were nowhere to be found. All I wanted from Reaper was to see the prepaints.

DS

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
krisnitori said:
Just to let you know. WW was there, booth 513 - the one with the changeling, Scion, Exalted banners and three tables of demos. We also had a WW company room with all sorts of TT games and we were running LARPs as well.

My bad! Perhaps I just associate Vampire with WW and the other things don't register. I didn't see any large VTG display so I assumed incorrectly. Please accept my apologies, and with this I bump my "Origins going downhill" score down one peg as another large player DID attend.

I will adjust my review accordingly.

DS

Last edited:

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Pramas said:
We had WFRP books at our booth. I understand the core books sold out by Friday though.

I think I actually stopped at your booth and asked about it (If you were they guys with 10-12 supplements displayed nicely for sale). This was the only RPG I was going to buy at the con and buying a supplement before the ruleset is putting the cart before the horse. I am suprised nobody else had it either, there was a lot of vendors there.

DS

Crothian

First Post
Sabathius42 said:
I think I actually stopped at your booth and asked about it (If you were they guys with 10-12 supplements displayed nicely for sale). This was the only RPG I was going to buy at the con and buying a supplement before the ruleset is putting the cart before the horse. I am suprised nobody else had it either, there was a lot of vendors there.

It is a pretty popular game. I know the half price booth had about a dozen or more WHF2e books on Thursday around noon but by 5 that day went I went back they were all gone.

kenobi65

First Post
Sabathius42 said:
If you are referring to the big castle with REAPER on the side...that wasn't actually Reaper. It was a reseller selling Reaper stuff. I went in there to look at the new prepainted minis (I wanted to buy some but would have been happy with a display) and they were nowhere to be found. All I wanted from Reaper was to see the prepaints.

Yes, that's what I was referring to; I didn't spend much time in the dealer room, and I just walked by there (not being in the market for minis this time out), so I didn't realize it wasn't Reaper itself.

kenobi65

First Post
SoccerRef73 said:
Speaking only for myself and in the context of The Gathering, I thought Origins was a huge success, and we expect 2008 to be even bigger than 2007.

Sean,

Just a note from a player, that The Gathering really has proven to be a class act, with great logistics and smooth handling of all the events. You, Gail, and the rest of the crew have done a great job, and this is one big reason why I'm looking more at Origins and less at GenCon in the future.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Sabathius42 said:
I went in there to look at the new prepainted minis (I wanted to buy some but would have been happy with a display) and they were nowhere to be found. All I wanted from Reaper was to see the prepaints.

DS

Ditto-I was very disappointed not to see them.

Remove ads