Is The Forum Getting More Antagonistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I don't see post numbers shifting due to people I've ignored, but maybe they shift if somebody has ignored me.
If someone who has ignored you posts, their post# is skipped and you have a gap. Trust me, the two I'm pretty sure of post in the same threads as me all the time.

TheSword

Legend
As a general rule I don’t block people for what they say. I block them for how they say it. Usually posting exhaustively and continually - particularly when they respond to a 6 line comment by dismantling each line with a 10 line rebuttal. Discussing things with people that way is very tiring. Equally frustrating is where people address 20 different posters with their one post, quoting each one individually in some super essay.

Brevity is the soul of wit, I want to read what you think - not an amicus brief. I sometimes wonder whether a word limit would be a good thing and as was suggested earlier - a maximum number of posts per thread per day while not good for the site would definitely make people think harder about what they said.

Aside from that, say what you want, I probably won’t ignore you. Plurality is important and generally a good thing. People should be allowed to hold different opinions about the game without being rugby tackled. With the caveat that politics and religion should be ruled out in entirety. Even when game related. Sure it might be relevant and interesting but you can’t include it without the antagonism forming.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
As a general rule I don’t block people for what they say. I block them for how they say it. Usually posting exhaustively and continually - particularly when they respond to a 6 line comment by dismantling each line with a 10 line rebuttal. Discussing things with people that way is very tiring. Equally frustrating is where people address 20 different posters with their one post, quoting each one individually in some super essay.
Stop subtweeting
<redacted>
:p

I typically don't block people unless they (a) sealion (or engage some other form of intellectually dishonest threadcrapping) and (b) indicating, either explicitly or implicitly, that what they think about people like myself is quite derogatory.

Poster titles that mock pronouns
are kind of a dead giveaway 🤫

TheSword

Legend
Stop subtweeting
<redacted>
:p

I typically don't block people unless they (a) sealion (or engage some other form of intellectually dishonest threadcrapping) and (b) indicating, either explicitly or implicitly, that what they think about people like myself is quite derogatory.

Poster titles that mock pronouns
are kind of a dead giveaway 🤫
I’ll be honest that has gone over my head. I don’t understand. I certainly hope I aren’t intellectually dishonestly threadcrapping, or implying anything.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
drax-the-destroyer-dave-bautista.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases