Pathfinder 2E Is the hackmaster game system 2nd edition?

diaglo

Adventurer
Soluzar said:
First of, HackMaster is based upon the first edition of AD&D - not the second.

you'd better look again.

i don't say this too many. and probably this is the first time i've typed it on ENWurld EVAR.

but YOu are Wrong.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
MerricB said:
No, it's based very squarely on both.

There are many, many elements of 2e in Hackmaster. Although the descriptive text tends towards Gygaxian, there are slabs of text lifted straight out of 2e.

Cheers!

That comment got past me. I have to agree with MerricB and diaglo - HM is based on both 1e and 2e. There are many elements of 2e in there.

Soluzar

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
That comment got past me. I have to agree with MerricB and diaglo - HM is based on both 1e and 2e. There are many elements of 2e in there.

My bad. Sorry all three of you. I meant to put

"First of all, HackMaster is based upon the first edition of AD&D - not the second. It does however, incorporate some elements from second edition, but the feel remains very much more more 1e than 2e."

I just missed that - I do apologise, becase you are entirely correct. I remember thinking that sentance.

ARandomGod

First Post
diaglo said:
yes, it has a lot of elements of 2edADnD in it.

edit: but it isn't 2edADnD straight.

It IS similiar to second edition. But I personally think of it as third edition D&D.

As opposed to the forum we're in now, which is about the "3.x" D20 games. That's not D&D at all, but a knockoff.

ARandomGod

First Post
Doomed Battalions said:
Hi-

If you distill the sillyness, you will have a sort of 1E revised D&D game. Its also a very good and well written rules set too. I like it.

Scott

This I agree with even more. It's much closer to 1ed... it takes D&D where 2nd edition *should* have gone. But, of course, it also incoproates a lot of 2ed into it. I mean they did get a lot right, and HM incorporated that into it's own system.

ARandomGod

First Post
ARandomGod said:
It IS similiar to second edition. But I personally think of it as third edition D&D.

As opposed to the forum we're in now, which is about the "3.x" D20 games. That's not D&D at all, but a knockoff.

Soluzar said:
Please don't think I'm flaming 3.5e D&D by stating this fact, ...

Heheh.

Oh, and please don't think that I'm NOT flaming d20. I like the system well enough. I play it regularly, I even write in forums about it! But 3.X is no more D&D than Star Wars is. It's just a completely different game.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
ARandomGod said:
Heheh.

Oh, and please don't think that I'm NOT flaming d20. I like the system well enough. I play it regularly, I even write in forums about it! But 3.X is no more D&D than Star Wars is. It's just a completely different game.

Edition wars are boring.

Brennin Magalus

First Post
ARandomGod said:

I thought Dragonsfoot was for those who are inebriated with the archaic.

ARandomGod

First Post
Brennin Magalus said:
I thought Dragonsfoot was for those who are inebriated with the archaic.

Never played it.
I don't experiment a whole lot with different systems, although I've read a lot of interesting ones. Mostly I play 3.X, which is good enough, and hyperpopular, having bought out TSR. For which I'm grateful to them! Someone had to keep it alive.

Remove ads