• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is the Online CB Working Well Now?

Cormacolinde

First Post
I am still unable to use the online character builder for any serious work, I've tried using Safari, Chrome, IE. It's very unstable and most of the features I need don't work.

renau1g

First Post
What do you consider "serious work" and what are the feature you need?

Umm...what could be more serious than making fictional characters to play in basements across the nation ? :cool:

Unfortunately it is not as I've tried multiple computers to try to use it. None of them have functioned.

As opposed to the completely 100% functional former builder.

Weird. I think you're the only poster I've seen that has that problem. I have many other issues with it, but not that.

Riastlin

First Post
I have had very little problem in making characters with it (despite having had some notable problems with my internet connection in general). That being said, I also agree with the sentiment that it is clearly not as good as the old CB is.

Judging by the "location" designations of some of the posters in this thread who've had more notable problems I wonder if its a foreign/domestic thing maybe? Maybe something to do with connections to "domestic" servers from foreign countries? Pure speculation on my part here as I am nearly completely ignorant as to how computers work.

Scribble

First Post
Umm...what could be more serious than making fictional characters to play in basements across the nation ? :cool:

:p

But really, I was interested in what he was trying to do, and having issues with. I think it's useful to see if there are certain types of characters that it has issues with.

For my own part, I haven't had any issues with it crashing, and the speed doesn't seem that slow... But then again I use a lot of web based programs- so maybe I'm just used to slow programs?

Jack99

Adventurer
Unfortunately it is not as I've tried multiple computers to try to use it. None of them have functioned.

As opposed to the completely 100% functional former builder.

The offline was never fully functional. With that said, I was not talking about your computer, but wondering instead if perhaps wasn't something else. For example, if you are trying to make multiclass E-characters, its no wonder none of them will work ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
The offline was never fully functional.

How about, "Far more functional than the steaming pile which took its place?" or better yet, "The software whose replacement was the final nail in my subscription's coffin?"

I'm keeping my e-ear to the e-ground to see if the functionality of the character builder improves, but I'm not going to be hopeful for several months, yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads