• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is the Premium Store Thing Working?

Has your shopping changed as a result of "Premium" stores?

• My shopping at "Premium" FLGS has increased

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • My shopping at "Premium" FLGS has remained the same.

Votes: 35 51.5%

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
I must be really lucky. My lfgs (being just down the street), is not just a Premier store, but is only ever about a buck fifty (or less) more than amazon on books, and nothing can compare for minis. Add in the large gaming area, large turn out for games, good selection of pathfinder and other RPGs, the league of evil ex(cellent) DMs, and large selection of snacks and drinks, it's just short of gamer heaven.

I buy just about everything here :)

occam

Adventurer
I checked the box saying that I haven't increased my purchases at an FLGS, even though I actually have, just not because of the early releases at Premiere stores. I buy more from an FLGS for another reason: D&D Encounters.

renau1g

First Post
I waited a whole year for Starcraft II, and then when it finally came out it still took a me a week to work up the energy to go to the store and pick it up. If I can wait a week on that, I can wait a week on anything. Even more so if there is $$ involved.

Wait you only waited a year for it? I've been waiting over a decade since the last one came out for a sequel... ;)

giant.robot

Adventurer
I've definitely increased my spending at my Premium Store FLGS. I was able to pick up the Dark Sun CS nearly two weeks before Amazon would be able to deliver it. I don't mind paying full retail for the book since it means my FLGS will make money and thus stick around. I've seen a lot of FLGSes go under (for lots of reasons, not just Amazon) and it's a shame almost every time. When an FLGS goes under the stuff they carry is still available from other retailers but the environment is gone. While you can still buy game books you can't as readily find a replacement for their game tables and knowledgeable staff.

Remove ads