• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there a feat that allows a Cleric to have 3 domains?

scott2978

First Post
I'm playing a D&D 3.5 campaign, just starting at level 1 and trying to plan ahead. Anyone know of a feat my cleric could take that would grant him a 3rd domain instead of the normal 2?

Empirate

First Post
There's a feat in Complete Divine (IIRC) that offers another domain's granted powers, although you do not gain the domain's spells. I think it goes by the terribly creative name of Extra Granted Power.

green slime

First Post
Once you hit 21st level, there is the Epic feat, "Bonus Domain", which grants you both the domain power and spells.

From the ELH, which was 3.0, but if you are heading Epic, it's what there is.

Ahnehnois

First Post
"Bonus Domain" is also presented as an epic feat in Complete Divine.

Is there a pre-epic version of this feat? Not to my knowledge.

And on that note, there's a level 2 spell in C.Champion that has a duration of day/level that lets you swap one of your domains for a different one your deity offers. So, combine that with Cloistered Cleric and you can easily have 3 domains you actually want.
True, this is a way of doing it (although Knowledge is one of the best domains and I wouldn't be in a hurry to change it).

The Rainbow Servant prestige class gets several domains; there are a number of other divine prestige classes that get bonus domains. Again, nothing to get three domains at level 1 that I know of.

domino

First Post
Also, there's apparently a feat in CD that lets you use a different domain for spontaneous casting, if that's what you want. You don't get extra spells, but you can cast ones you haven't prepared ahead of time.

Remove ads