Is there a mini for.......(Thread)

The Madhatter

First Post
I was thinking we could use this thread as the place to post "Is there a mini for my new character......." type requests. I've seen other threads started for one specific mini and I've tried to help if I could. I know some of you folks have an encyclopedic knowledge of minis dating back to the seventies. :) Feel free to add on to this thread if anyone is looking for a specific mini! I’ll start off:
I’m looking for a Caryatid Column from the Fiend Folio. It’s a tubular stone woman with a bastard sword.
For the same character, I’m looking for a Nimblewright from the MM2. It’s a man-sized suit of full plate that wields dual rapiers. It’s a construct so any platish armor that covers all the skin would do nicely. Thank you for your time!!!

Tolen Mar

First Post
Well, I've been in the market for a while for a particular kind of mini...

I need a dwarf playing two bongo style drums, and he has to have an oddball hairdo.

You see he is to be the bard of a faction in my homebrew. The faction he belongs to choose bright colors and odd decorations to separate themselves from the other more mundane dwarves.

The Madhatter

First Post
Tolen Mar said:
Well, I've been in the market for a while for a particular kind of mini...

I need a dwarf playing two bongo style drums, and he has to have an oddball hairdo.

You see he is to be the bard of a faction in my homebrew. The faction he belongs to choose bright colors and odd decorations to separate themselves from the other more mundane dwarves.
There is this fellow He's from Ghost Miniatures. There is a manufacturer that makes novelty dwarfs. I am at a loss for the name. I will look on the wall next time I go to the Source.

Last edited:

Murrdox

First Post
Madhatter, MASSIVE kudos to you for using the Column in your game. I imagine that would be a really awesome mini if you can find it.

I used one of those in one of my last campaigns, and thankfully my players were completely unfamiliar with the Fiend Folio, and it was a great encounter.

On that note - I'm looking for a:

Female Human
Cleric-like garb - hooded cloak would be best (not necessarily decked out in full plate though)
weilding a Sickle

The Madhatter

First Post
Murrdox said:
Madhatter, MASSIVE kudos to you for using the Column in your game. I imagine that would be a really awesome mini if you can find it.

I used one of those in one of my last campaigns, and thankfully my players were completely unfamiliar with the Fiend Folio, and it was a great encounter.

On that note - I'm looking for a:

Female Human
Cleric-like garb - hooded cloak would be best (not necessarily decked out in full plate though)
weilding a Sickle
Well, the C.Column will be a bodyguard for my PC mage. I have seen them in action though, and I've always liked the idea.
Are you willing to do some conversion to the weapon? I think Reaper has a pretty close mini in their warlord line that has a mace or somesuch.

Last edited:

The Madhatter

First Post
Murrdox said:
Thanks a lot! I found a Rogue cloaked reaper mini with two swords... I modified it and completely severed one sword, and curved the other one a bit to make it appear more like a sickle. Unfortunately I couldn't find any weapon packs that had a sickle I could attach.

On another note, here's a mini i ran across that might be close to your column.

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=2193&cat=50&page=2
That is cool! I am debating between that one and a "column of temptation" by Rackham. The Rackham mini is short on clothes and long on stone.

The Madhatter

First Post
Eladrin:Gaele(sp?)

Does anyone know a mini I could use for a Ghaele in the MM 3.5? I've looked through most of the Confrontation catalog and found a few things that were close, but no cigar. I know that the DnD Plastics have one in Angelfire, but they are not suitable for PC use IMO. Thanks again!

sniffles

First Post
The Madhatter said:
Does anyone know a mini I could use for a Ghaele in the MM 3.5? I've looked through most of the Confrontation catalog and found a few things that were close, but no cigar. I know that the DnD Plastics have one in Angelfire, but they are not suitable for PC use IMO. Thanks again!

I don't know about you, but if I were going to use a Ghaele eladrin I'd just pick up a nice elf mini. The MM does describe them as looking like especially beautiful elves.

@Murrdox - re: the cleric with sickle, you could use a kama. Reaper does a couple of minis who are holding kamas. Unfortunately you'd have to cut it off an existing figure. They haven't done a weapon pack with a kama. There's also an lich from their Warlord range who's got a scythe, which you can get as a separate piece from their Boneyard section.

The Madhatter

First Post
sniffles said:
I don't know about you, but if I were going to use a Ghaele eladrin I'd just pick up a nice elf mini. The MM does describe them as looking like especially beautiful elves.

@Murrdox - re: the cleric with sickle, you could use a kama. Reaper does a couple of minis who are holding kamas. Unfortunately you'd have to cut it off an existing figure. They haven't done a weapon pack with a kama. There's also an lich from their Warlord range who's got a scythe, which you can get as a separate piece from their Boneyard section.
I was thinking that. There are a couple of lines that have some pretty fantastic elves.

Remove ads