Is there errata for the Nightmare spell PHB p.232

Tar-Edhel

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

Why, BTW? If he's asleep, he's not going anywhere... what difference does it make if the casting time is one minute or ten minutes?

-Hyp.

Get one of your friend/girlfriend/boyfriend (who knows...) to chant near your bed for ten minutes while you're asleep...

If you don't wake up, you're one darn hard sleeper. Of course, you can Silence it... Which means that it becomes a 6th level spell. You'll then have the choice between spells like disintegrate and such and Nightmare... Tough choice eh?

This whole discussion about line of effect is pointless... Was I into someone's bedroom and have ten minutes to spare, I would slit his throat (if that person is an ennemy... I don't think you send Nightmares as a joke...), not chant and dance around him hoping he won't be able to learn his spells in the morning...

Line of effect can't apply in those cases... What do you do with Locate Object and Person? "Guys, I'll try to locate that sword over there... Geez, guess what, it's there!!!!!":D

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Get one of your friend/girlfriend/boyfriend (who knows...) to chant near your bed for ten minutes while you're asleep...

Eyes of the Eagle, and get the CIA to set you up in the apartment across the street. Get line of effect through the bedroom window :)

Range : Unlimited, after all :)

-Hyp.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Uller said:

One of the old rule books(I think it was the red Basic D&D DMs book) had % chances for various dragons to be sleeping when encountered in their lair. They actually felt the need to write "Sleeping dragons never fly."

Really? Who'd have thunk it?!?! We could always go back to that sort of thing.
Yeah... And there also were dragon subdual rules and market prices for dragons. And you could sell a dragon in almost every decent-sized city! :eek:

Malin Genie

First Post
Perhaps a simple fix would be 'only one casting per victim per night.' After all, if you give them nightmares, you give them nightmares. If they can sleep soundly through them anyway (making the Will save) then a second casting won't do you any good (they're already nightmaring...)

If you can't make your Will save, tough luck :p

Remove ads