Is Thread Necromancy Ok?

Do you like Thread Necromancy?

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I suppose it makes a difference whether you are raising the thread to new life - the topic is still a "live" one, and there are useful contributions to be made - and animating the thread to an unholy mockery of life, in which case it just goes "Argh" and eats people's brains.

The former is fine, the latter should be avoided.

I recall, way back in the days before EN World, when we were just hanging out at Eric Noah's 3rd Edition News & Rumors site, the forums weren't quite as grandmother friendly sometimes. One night, in a fit of evil, I tracked down four threads that had caused huge flame wars, but which had died out months earlier.

And I bumped them.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
As a general note for anyone considering thread necromancy:

1) bear in mind that some older threads will be in 3.0 land rather than in 3.5 land.

2) I think it is polite to mention in your posting that you are raising this thread from the dead (so people notice - sometimes they don't!) and it might be nice to mention *why* you are raising it from the dead.

Cheers

Henry

Autoexreginated
RangerWickett said:
I recall, way back in the days before EN World...I tracked down four threads that had caused huge flame wars, but which had died out months earlier.

And I bumped them.

*Henry holds thwacking club angrily*

Darned Statute of Limitations...
;)

frankthedm

First Post
Information, thoughts and opinions don't have an expiration date. Bringing up old threads lets folks save time on retyping the opinions they have kept and allows the people who have changed their opinions since that time to say such in the same thread.

It can also be a poignant reminder to folks with less than admirable posting habits to see how big of a jerk they have been... something I'm quite guilty of.

Last edited:

Remove ads