Is Tolerance a Lawful thing ?

Fifinjir

Explorer
Either/or. Chaotics could like tolerance because it allows people to live as they are without unnecessary interference, while Lawfuls can like it because it help reduce unnecessary conflict and keeps society from tearing itself apart.

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
Either/or. Chaotics could like tolerance because it allows people to live as they are without unnecessary interference, while Lawfuls can like it because it help reduce unnecessary conflict and keeps society from tearing itself apart.
this is a LG habit, not merely a Lawful trait

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I would put it as Skill, or such based off a characters Wisdom. There is a degree of failure or success with it and as such characters would roll to see how they are impacted. I guess alignment can provide modifiers to rolls.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
beh no, Lawful Evil people have no tolerance,
so, if Lawful Good are very tolerant,
it should mean Tolerance a Good behavior,
as opposed to Evil as being a Cruel Thing;

I like it in Scholarship Level x Tolerance as an Intelligence matter
( scholarship Level ==> Knowledge, or Proficiencies datas )

:)
Think this needs a bit more discussion and thoughts. Game thoughts.
  • Always define what EVIL & GOOD is. This builds cultural taboos.
  • Lawful is the following of Country, State, Church, Guild, or personal rules or oath or guidelines. It is the players choice to the importance of each in the game.
  • GOOD and EVIL follow the rules of Real Estate; location location, location.
  • Best to very GOOD as what is attractive and EVIL as what is ugly to a society.

le Redoutable

I disagree with what you assign as Ugly with being Evil :
if so, then Ugly Faces ( like ugly noses or Big noses ) who have strong Leadership would be Tyrans, while Beautiful noses ( lol ) as being Charming and it is good to the people ;
if France it is said " il faut souffrir pour être belle " , so while suffering, one covers a bad/sad figure

le Redoutable

as with what Chaos refers to, it can be a tool taken from " systême D " ( the data for Bosses / solo Monsters which encompasses Real Time Adaptation )

Remove ads