Is your book collection this big?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
A man in my home town had such a large collection of books, there was no room for them all in the house. They were in boxes all over the place. Sound familiar? It did to me. Instead, with my wife's urging most of them that I felt I wouldn't be reading ever again made their way to half-price books or garage sales.

You've seen those links to "the ultimate game room", right?

This man did something extreme for his book collection. I only wish I could have done this. Mind you, it's not game books here, but you can imagine. Especially with 500 books on the Middle Ages . . . ;)

He bought the home next door to tear it down and build a wing on to. Then he had a change of heart and kept the home on the property, built an atrium connecting the two, and gutted and remodeled the entire other home as the library! Check out the photo of the atrium. *sigh*

Morkul

First Post
we have around 3000 books in my house. mostly childrens, young adult, classics, sci-fi and fantasy. i want to eventually build shelves into the walls going down the hallway, but i dont have the dough yet and have other projects that i want to work on first. there are too many shelves in my house...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Jealous? Me?

Yep.

However, what I'd REALLY need to do is get the houses to either side: one for the library (2000+ books), one for the music conservatory (5000+ CDs, plus LPs, tapes...and my guitars, etc.). Then I could devote the main house to gaming...

Joker

First Post
Jealous? Me?

Yep.

However, what I'd REALLY need to do is get the houses to either side: one for the library (2000+ books), one for the music conservatory (5000+ CDs, plus LPs, tapes...and my guitars, etc.). Then I could devote the main house to gaming...

Where does the family go?

Rykion

Explorer
And I thought I was going a bit overboard turning the two dormer rooms in my house into a library. I only wish I could afford a library like that.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
My library's not so impressive, but I feel like I've got about as many books in my 1 bedroom as possible (as well as the office).

From conversations at Candlekeep.com, Ed Greenwood's library sounds quite impressive also. Of course, he lives on a farm, so he's filling up barns and such IIRC.

Remove ads