• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCaith

First Post
Scotley said:
Turning back to Finn, and obviously concerned he might loose a big customer, Bill adds, "I can sell you the beer and ale at say six 30 gallon kegs for 50 gold. A fair price in this place I assure you. I know a tender with a grill boat who can provide I fine meal of fresh caught fish and sea food along with rice or bean very resonably." He smiles and rubs his belly, "there is a baker who is quite good with sweets as well that could send some pastries over. If I arrange it I'm confident I can save you money and keep you away from the thieves and ratsellers. Have I not provided fine beverages to you all?"

With a sigh, Finn begins to release himself from the barmaid's arms. "Duty calls, love. But hold onto those thoughts for a moment, p'haps we might return to them as soon as business is done." He gives her a light kiss on the lips.

"Bill, yes, you have provided us with fine beverages. I doubt I could find a better publican in Cambre, your generosity seems to hold no bounds. A fine party indeed all that sounds like. But with that much ale, I think we would not have a sober hand on the 'Sheet for the next three days, and we still have repairs to complete. How about three of your kegs, for 30 gold, plus the food you speak of, with you getting a commission from me of a silver for every gold we spend on the food. And to every able bodied man we need to shift this cargo back to the ship, I'll pay a gold piece."

"I know top quality foodstuffs may be in short supply what now, what with all the Krewes here right now. I foresee the masque being one to be remembered, what with the Sea Sorceror and the White Lady both here. But I will pay for what quality we can get, I'm sure our cook will appreciate a day or two of rest. Tell me, do you know which masters are throwing the masque?"

OOC: For the DM, in case you need some numbers to determine how much Bill or any other men in the tavern can or will tell me. (Gather Infomation) (1d20+11=30) :p

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

OOC: I'll be out of touch until at least tomorrow late -- driving, grocery shopping, etc. I think I've got the laptop set up to post from the Condo, so I'll return online when we get settled in.

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

"Certainly I can fill your order and get the food arranged." He mops his brow obviously excited by this most profitable day. "As to that other matter, yes there has been some drain on local supplies, but I think the guest list will be fairly select and so they don't come down here so much for supplies. Most of it has been hauled in. I don't think anyone knows who will be hosting the Masque. That being said, I'm sure everyone and their dog has a theory. I say it is a guild or crewe. Only someone of a seafaring background would think to come here. The nobility would choose a landward site. Doesn't much matter, the locals aren't invited. I know a Masque is supposed to be all free wheeling, but I'll bet you golds to coppers that someone at the door will be turning away anyone not wearing an outfit that costs more than the net worth of any three resters."

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Radoon will refrain from any more drink and help carry the foodstuffs and liquors to the ship when we the group departs. He also wants to make sure M. is back onboard safely. Once everything is on board, Radoon will celebrate witht he crew a bit and then as Rook to go with him to Madame's hose.

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

Bill proceeds to gather the three kegs and comes up with three men to help with delivery. They one into a small boat and head for the 'Bedsheet'. I will take them three trips and perhaps 45 minutes to make the delivery. The little party starts to break up. Marienna, a big smile on her face walks with an arm around Radoon's back weaving slightly.

For Finn only [sblock]Well, what will Finn do now with his new friend, Anorra the red-headed barmaid?[/sblock]

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Scotley said:
Bill proceeds to gather the three kegs and comes up with three men to help with delivery. They one into a small boat and head for the 'Bedsheet'. I will take them three trips and perhaps 45 minutes to make the delivery. The little party starts to break up. Marienna, a big smile on her face walks with an arm around Radoon's back weaving slightly.

For Finn only [sblock]Well, what will Finn do now with his new friend, Anorra the red-headed barmaid?[/sblock]

For the DM [sblock]Why, with 45 minutes, much can be done.:D :p ;) [/sblock]

As Bill is preparing the order for the 'Sheet, Finn asks, "Bill, might you have another bottle of that Feywine? If so, I wish to purchase it and have it delivered to the "Lady in White" for Captain Genevive de Grasse, with the compliments of Mr. Hunter, a long-time admirer. It would be a honor if she would grant me a chance to speak with her on the morrow concerning affairs to our mutual benefit. I'm sure you have someone who can deliver the bottle, and if you have a piece of parchment, I can pen my compliments to the lady so that no one has to memorize my message."

As Radoon and Marienna leave to return to the 'Sheet, Finn will stay behind to settle up with Bill. He will return to the table to speak with Anorra.

For Anorra's ( and the DM's) ears. [sblock] "Now, my lovely lass, businees and duty are taken care of, and I believe we will have a short while to continue our discussion. Where was this place nearby with a large room and soft sheets?"[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Oh yes, Radoon will pay a fair share for the bill also, he would not want to leave it all to Finn. After all is settled on ship, Radoon will ask Rook if he would like to take an excersion to see a fortune teller? Radoon will explain that he has used these before through his travels and found them invaluable for information.

OCC - Can we assume Rook would like to go, or will we need Mike to chime in with this? I guess it's up to you Scott, depending on if you want to throw any fights at us.

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

Bill does indeed have one more bottle of Feywine and comes up with paper and ink so that Finn may pin a note.

For Finn Hunter only [sblock]Anorra directs you to what must certainly be one of the most luxurious inns at Mermaid's Rest, 'The Black Lace Glove'. It is an old ship that was a luxury liner in the days before the plague when travel was more common. The age is showing here and there, but the glory of a bygone age is still present.[/sblock]

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Finn spends several minutes writing his message on the paper. After Bill has wrapped the wine carefully in clean paper, Finn attaches the note to the bottle. The outside says "To Captain Genevive de Grasse, 'Lady in White', from an admirer, P. H."

Inside of note [sblock] Madam,

My name is Phineas Hunter, and we met a few years ago on a matter of business. This wine is a token of my esteem for you and your ship. If possible, might I endulge upon you for an interview on the morrow concerning a matter that may be of interest. I can be reached either on board my ship, the "Rumpled Bedsheet", which is docked near the tavern known as Salty Bill's, or through the tavern owner.

Your servant,
Phineas Hunter[/sblock]

For the DM [sblock] Scott, does Captain de Grasse know I am a spy? Is she on good terms with the Imperium and would she recognize a mark from the Corps asking for assistance? IS she even possibly a covert agent that would be able to assist me? If there is a way to communicate covertly with her so that she would assist me, I will try to make such a signal. If not, I just have to hope I am playing to her vanity. [/sblock]

"Bill, I trust you know someone who can make sure this bottle is delivered to the 'Lady in White' this evening. There might be a reply, in which case I would be most appreciative if you made sure I received it either tonight, or at the latest, early in the morning. I also would appreciate you keeping your ear to the keels for anything else that you can find out concerning the matter we discussed earlier." Finn slides two gold pieces to Bill.

"I will double that if a reply comes tonight, and there might be more than gold available for any new information you might hear. Now, I know this might leave you short-handed for a while, but Anorra has offered to show me some of the local sites, I think I will take her up on her offer." With a grin, Finn offers his arm to Anorra and walks out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads