Level Up (A5E) It's Here! It's Time To LEVEL UP Your 5E Game!

After nearly two years of waiting, the Level Up: Advanced 5E Kickstarter has finally launched! This standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG which adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

ks_banner_cover.jpg

Welcome to Level Up, a standalone game which enhances the 5E ruleset which you know and love. If you love 5E but would like a little more depth to the rules, Level Up is the new game for you!

After two years of extensive public playtests and surveys involving thousands of players, and input from our active community, we have completely overhauled the 5E game system. From redesigned classes to a full exploration pillar, we've revisited every aspect of the game to present this new standalone iteration of the 5th Edition core rules.
  • Core set. The core set consists of three books -- the Adventurer's Guide (characters, and the core rules), Trials & Treasure (magic items, exploration and journeys, and gamemastery), and the Monstrous Menagerie (monsters!)
  • A little more. For those who want more, there are two more books -- Adventures in ZEITGEIST (a world/setting book) and Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters (a book of legendary heroes and villains from our own world's myths and cultures).
  • These are modular enough so that if you just want the monsters, or our new class overhauls, or our exploration rules, you can buy a single book. It's all compatible with 5E and will work with your other 5E books!
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 2.19.55 PM.png

Last edited:

Nearly 400% funded at this point, and the -significant- majority purchased either the Wizard or Archmage tiers for the core rulebooks.

I'd be super interested in finding out how many people added on the Zeitgeist PDFs...
I went for the Warlord tier. I figured what the heck, I had the spending money for once.

So we all know that this means I'll see something else I really want in the next couple of weeks . . . and no longer have the funds. Lol!

Abstruse

Legend
Also, I know it's early, but Kicktraq is currently predicting £3,498,112. Sounds promising!
KickTraq has two prediction models, "Trending" and "Projection". To the best I can figure out, Trending just takes the average daily pledge and multiplies it by the days left in the campaign. So right now, it's going to show whatever the current total is times 32. The typically large first-day pledges pretty much always throw those numbers out of whack so they're not even remotely accurate for prediction. The Projection uses some sort of algorithm that analyzes the project's daily pledges, number of pledges, average backer level, and so on to come up with a more realistic range. Because it needs more data, it takes a good week or two before that shows up. Of course, this is just me trying to reverse-engineer based on observation how it works because Kicktraq doesn't say anywhere I've been able to find, but the Trending is pretty obvious because you can just grab any first day campaign and do the math yourself (multiply the current pledge level by the total days in the campaign and you'll get the Trending total).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I doubt it'll make three and a half million pounds, but there's a good chance it'll break a million US dollars, and when it does, we'll have to have a celebration here on ENWorld.

(I'm gonna go with "when" rather than "if").

guachi

Hero
Pledged at Collector Level. I swear I've backed far too many 5e Kickstarters but I've loved them all. The Monte Cook Ptolus Kickstarter came with a nice cover (not faux leather, but nice) and ribbons. It's very nice. I like the ribbons. So nice I'd pay for a deluxe 5e PHB that included all the player-facing rules from the PHB and the several additional rules books.

Good luck on the Kickstarter.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Pledged at Collector Level. I swear I've backed far too many 5e Kickstarters but I've loved them all. The Monte Cook Ptolus Kickstarter came with a nice cover (not faux leather, but nice) and ribbons. It's very nice. I like the ribbons. So nice I'd pay for a deluxe 5e PHB that included all the player-facing rules from the PHB and the several additional rules books.

Good luck on the Kickstarter.
I recently got quotes from various printers about a limited run of books with faux leather, cloth, and/or stamped covers. The price per book was between $200-$400. Even at a collectors level, I have a hard time seeing people pay that. And that’s the manufacturers cost, not any additional costs from the KS creator that they might add.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases