Level Up (A5E) It's Here! It's Time To LEVEL UP Your 5E Game!

After nearly two years of waiting, the Level Up: Advanced 5E Kickstarter has finally launched! This standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG which adds depth and diversity to the game you love! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/level-up-advanced-5th-edition-a5e? Welcome to Level Up, a standalone game which enhances the 5E ruleset which you know and love. If you love 5E but would like...

After nearly two years of waiting, the Level Up: Advanced 5E Kickstarter has finally launched! This standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG which adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

ks_banner_cover.jpg

Welcome to Level Up, a standalone game which enhances the 5E ruleset which you know and love. If you love 5E but would like a little more depth to the rules, Level Up is the new game for you!

After two years of extensive public playtests and surveys involving thousands of players, and input from our active community, we have completely overhauled the 5E game system. From redesigned classes to a full exploration pillar, we've revisited every aspect of the game to present this new standalone iteration of the 5th Edition core rules.
  • Core set. The core set consists of three books -- the Adventurer's Guide (characters, and the core rules), Trials & Treasure (magic items, exploration and journeys, and gamemastery), and the Monstrous Menagerie (monsters!)
  • A little more. For those who want more, there are two more books -- Adventures in ZEITGEIST (a world/setting book) and Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters (a book of legendary heroes and villains from our own world's myths and cultures).
  • These are modular enough so that if you just want the monsters, or our new class overhauls, or our exploration rules, you can buy a single book. It's all compatible with 5E and will work with your other 5E books!
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 2.19.55 PM.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yea cool! But I was thinking focused on the Kickstarter and all about it. If I just wanted to hear about the Kickstarter I’d have to scrub through the podcasts and also pick the specific ones out.
Here you go! I made a list! With links!

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I saw Russ’ email about the vvt survey and Foundey then roll20 we’re in the lead. I don’t know anyone that uses Foundry, is their user base outside the states? Just curious what region is using it over other more establish platforms.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Thanks, just curious if one was used more as their player user base grew in that same word of mouth area but I guess with many online things, word of mouth isn’t geographical based much anymore since we can easily watch someone from another country review or use things. Foundry just seems odd since we don’t see much talk about in on Enworld (that I notice at least).

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Thanks, just curious if one was used more as their player user base grew in that same word of mouth area but I guess with many online things, word of mouth isn’t geographical based much anymore since we can easily watch someone from another century review or use things. Foundry just seems odd since we don’t see much talk about in on Enworld (that I notice at least).
I've seen plenty. I'm a little surprised it's outdoing Roll20 in the surveys, but I'd certainly have expected it to make second place.

niklinna

satisfied?
I saw Russ’ email about the vvt survey and Foundey then roll20 we’re in the lead. I don’t know anyone that uses Foundry, is their user base outside the states? Just curious what region is using it over other more establish platforms.
Foundry/Forge (I've heard both names for it) had been pretty small for a while but is rapidly gaining popularity.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Foundry/Forge (I've heard both names for it) had been pretty small for a while but is rapidly gaining popularity.
Foundry VTT is the name of the VTT software that you can host from your own PC. Website: Foundry Virtual Tabletop | Foundry Virtual Tabletop

The Forge is a turn-key hosting service that will manage the hosting of Foundry VTT games for you and provide faster connectivity and more server resources in many cases than running things off your own local PC. Website: The Forge

Foundry VTT can be hosted on other hosting services but you have to do more of your own work managing/maintaining it. Partnerships | Foundry Virtual Tabletop

Remove ads

Remove ads