D&D 5E Iuz the old 5e conversion.

dave2008

Legend
Rule of thumb: a monster typically does enough damage in one round to knock out a medium-to-low-hp hero with level equal to the monster's CR. So if you have a CR 25 monster, he should do about 25 dice of damage in a round. Make that three greatsword attacks, or two sword attacks and a spell.
Iuz can attack 5 times with his greatsword in this stat block (30 dice as you put it), perhaps you missed the legendary actions?

Quartz

Hero
Since the thread has been resurrected, allow me to suggest that as a divine being, Iuz should have Expertise when his portfolio is involved.

Quartz

Hero
Spittle (1/round). Ranged Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, range 10 ft., one creature .Hit: The target is aged 1d6 years. Furthermore, the body part struck becomes numb and is useless for 1d4+ 1 rounds (roll 1d12: 1=head, 2/3=right arm, 4/5=left arm, 6/7=right leg, 8/9=left leg, 10/12=torso.) A torso hit makes a character collapse prone in pain, remaining conscious but unable to perform actions. A hit to the head brings unconsciousness. Has no effect on constructs, elementals, oozes and undead.

I wonder if you might abstract this on the KISS basis?

Iuz's spittle (1/ round): Ranged weapon attack: +12 to hit, range 10 ft., one creature. Hit: inflicts one level of Exhaustion. At the start of each subsequent turn the target gets a DC 20 CON save to remove this level of exhaustion. Critical hit: additionally Stuns the target (DC 20 Wis or Int save to end as above). Multiple hits are cumulative and separate saves apply.

dave2008

Legend
Look another self appointed thread cop. Should he of opened a new thread so another self important thread cop can tell him there is already a thread to use on this topic? Or just maybe if you have nought to add keep walking.
why do you feel the need to crap on someone who is being kind and helpful? People often accidentally necro a thread (I've done it) and it helps to be informed of that. Heck, some people necro a thread by replying to someone who hasn't posted in a decade! It is good to know I shouldn't expect a response.

Pauln6

Hero
I wonder if you might abstract this on the KISS basis?

Iuz's spittle (1/ round): Ranged weapon attack: +12 to hit, range 10 ft., one creature. Hit: inflicts one level of Exhaustion. At the start of each subsequent turn the target gets a DC 20 CON save to remove this level of exhaustion. Critical hit: additionally Stuns the target (DC 20 Wis or Int save to end as above). Multiple hits are cumulative and separate saves apply.
Not sure it should be a weapon attack. The spittle used to cause withering, which sounds like necrotic damage. Maybe the stun as primary and exhaustion as secondary?

Remove ads