I've finally tried Paranoia, and I love it!!

GuyBoy

Hero
Wow, it's so cool! Has anybody else played it?
I heard about that ttrpg and I was struck by the cool, very 2000 A.D. comic, cover art.

I finally managed to try it and it's so full of charm! We've ended up making what would've made a great comedy satire film in a sci-fi setting!
You don’t love it. You’ve been tricked into thinking you do.

Wicht

Hero
The Computer is pleased that you are excited to be a citizen of Alpha complex, so pleased that you have been chosen for study. Please report to the nearest medical extraction unit so that your brain may be studied. The Computer is confident that understanding your brain will allow this excitement to be promoted in other citizens so that all may have non-chemically induced joy. You will be given a Temporary Loaner Brain - Orange Clearance (TLBOC), while yours is being processed following extraction. Please be advised that using a brain for which you are not cleared is Treasonous and may result in execution. Thank you for your cooperation citizen.

I really need to get the newest edition. My son really likes it.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I haven't played it in forever but it was a great palate cleanser between other campaigns. My favorite way to run it was for people who were really unfamiliar with the setting and rules. I would say, "There is a chance you are a member of a secret society or a mutant - we have to roll secretly to see if that is the case." And then no matter what they rolled I would say "OH MY GOD! YOU ARE BOTH! Better keep it extra secret!" And would do this with each player. :ROFLMAO:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Love it myself, my biggest problem was keeping up with tech to use and technobabble for the game.

Use stuff like:
Reclamation Industrial Plant (RIP) - The place where characters became Soylent Green​
3D Printer - where players would report to, to get equipment and later where there clones were generated​
D30 Goo - Look it up, just cool but What IF it with AI, it goes bad​

Bird Of Play

Explorer
Honestly, it's so..... clever!
Our DM, or should I say our friendly A.I. overlord, just handed us our character sheets and told us we were waking up in a room, and then we got greeted by said A.I. We soon ended up in a mixture of Monty Python + Weekend At Bernie's + 2000 A.D. Three things I love!!

I'm quite happy that it actually lived up to the expectation that the cover images I've seen around were promising.

So I was the..... how is it called in English? Happiness officer? I think the majority of the pills, my character took for themselves. I kinda felt like playing a sci-fi Rincewind, twitchy and scared of everything. It was hilarious!

Last edited:

Remove ads