• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jail Question

CD8D

Explorer
Ok, so I just got out of jail and in the span of one day accidently attacked the merchant I was selling stuff too. So now I am back in jail. My questions are:
1. How do you get out of jail?
2. Why is it so difficult to leave jail when all it takes is a little mixup of buttons to get put in jail?
3. If it is a timed period in jail, how long do you have to wait?
4. Is there any way the jailing could be toned down a little?

Thanks in advance for any answers to these questions. I love the server I just get buttons mixed up sometimes. Somewhat patiently waiting for freedom. Boone Kathos

Neo

Explorer
CD8D said:
Ok, so I just got out of jail and in the span of one day accidently attacked the merchant I was selling stuff too. So now I am back in jail. My questions are:
1. How do you get out of jail?
2. Why is it so difficult to leave jail when all it takes is a little mixup of buttons to get put in jail?
3. If it is a timed period in jail, how long do you have to wait?
4. Is there any way the jailing could be toned down a little?

Thanks in advance for any answers to these questions. I love the server I just get buttons mixed up sometimes. Somewhat patiently waiting for freedom. Boone Kathos

Um okay I'm sure i've told you this "in Game" a few times..but here it is again :)

1. You click on the cell door several times this rattles the door and brings the Warden down the corridor towards your cell (note he never actually comes to the cell just to the end of the corridor across from it) from there you click on him to talk to him, you talk to him 4 times at the end of which he sends you back to town.

2. It isnt hard to get out of jail in fact its just as easy to get out as in.. however in recent days there was a problem with the Warden as he either wasnt there, or wouldnt come when the door was rattled..however I helped Elendiel test a few things yesterday just prior to the Full Reset and he confirmed that once the reset was done that the warden now works again and that folks can now get out of jail correctly.
The situation with the warden not coming was unfortunate and badly timed as it occured while Elendiel was away and as a result did leave a few players with characters stranded for a few days but it was all made good eventually and the problem resolved as mentioned above, so such occasional hiccups are par for the course I think.. though another DM may be in order especially while Morrus still cant get on I think.

3. It isnt a timed period, your there until you get yourself out as mentioned above. The sooner you rattle the door and attract the wardens attention so you can talk to him the sooner your out.

4. Doesnt really need it in all honesty.. its just unfortunate there was a problem happen with the warden when it did is all..just one of those things, which as noted above has since been resolved.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
On that note - is there anyone familiar with the DM controls who would like to help with DMing?

Neo

Explorer
Morrus said:
On that note - is there anyone familiar with the DM controls who would like to help with DMing?

I'd be happy to, I'm on most days anyway

I'm familiar with the DM controls, have DM'ed on another server, been a whitecloak (buffed normal characters with limited DM powers via a couple of the DMFI wands..basically the law when the DM's arent around) on a third.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks, guys! I've sent Neo the DM password due to his previous DMing experience, but I'll certainly keep you in mind for later, Chaz. Thanks for volunteering your time. :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads