WotC James Wyatt is on the Dungeons & Dragons Team Again

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'll add that contributors to books on 5E openly do not believe he is involved on the TTRPG print side anymore.

I liked Mearls design work, and I am glad that he is still employed, but it is good that he is not in the spotlight anymore given his irresponsible and unprofessional use of public facing media.

I've noticed that since Winninger took over, they are no longer relying on the designers doing double duty on marketing work: Perkins and Crawford aren't doing tons of video appearances.

Wyatt may have had good ideas for a "here's the basics" type campaign, but I hated his story ideas for 4e where a lot of things that made D&D it's unique complicated self story-wise, got thrown out in favour of points of light.

BigZebra

Adventurer
I liked Mearls design work, and I am glad that he is still employed, but it is good that he is not in the spotlight anymore given his irresponsible and unprofessional use of public facing media.

I've noticed that since Winninger took over, they are no longer relying on the designers doing double duty on marketing work: Perkins and Crawford aren't doing tons of video appearances
Perhaps they are sheltering their designers from the outcries in social media, and all those ridiculous naughty word storms..
I find this sad. Very sad. Nothing is gained by less openness.

BigZebra

Adventurer
I am not saying I know that's happening by the way.
But I do think Mearls is working on something on the RPG side, in addition to digital. They hinted at that a couple months ago, quietly.
But the thing they mentioned, wasn't that related to some digital product? I might missremembering.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics

I've noticed that since Winninger took over, they are no longer relying on the designers doing double duty on marketing work: Perkins and Crawford aren't doing tons of video appearances.
what did mearls do as I was never in the loop?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

True, though I think part of the lack of video appearances is due to some rapid changes in staffing at places like D&D Beyond, where they used to do a ton of interviews with WotC.

Perkins still does some pretty high-profile stuff, like running that Christmas-themed game with the cast of Stranger Things. And I'm glad, considering that by all accounts everyone thinks Chris Perkins is a very genuine person (another point for Team Canada).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases