D&D General Japanese D&D website closing at the end of Nov 2023

darjr

I crit!
As I recall, WotC did a big relaunch of D&D in Japan recently. There were TV adds that were being linked and everything. And IIRC part of that was bringing it in-house, after letting the license with the previous third party localizer expire. So if this is that previous license holder letting their website go dark because they don't publish D&D anymore, that's just rather to be expected.
I think that’s the case. I’ve been told there are cool things there that need saving and it may be people already are saving things.

Just wanted to get the word out.

I’ll have something more in a bit.

dave2008

Legend
If it is anything like the US DnD wizards site, I can see why it is shutting down. The US site has not a new article since last December when it talked about owlbears. Barely updated to new product launches, so it feels a bit shuddered already.
Wizards has switch to DnD Beyond being the primary digital outlet for all things D&D.

I can’t read Japanese and I’m not sure what all is there. I’ve only heard about it recently. However I thought it might be important enough to mention in case folks want to archive anything from it.

These folks were the Japanese publishers of D&D.

I respect they’ve held up this for as long as they have.

Where on that page does it say the site is closing down? The most recent news on the link is from 2022. Is there a link to the announcement?

This is where they announced the closure of the old site.
They maintained it for three years after their agency contract was terminated. I can only thank them.
Ah okay thanks.

So no more Hobby Japan (ダンジョンズ&ドラゴンズ日本語版公式ホームページ), will be Wizards (ダンジョンズ&ドラゴンズ日本語版公式ホームページ). The new site as least has updated news links :)

Remove ads