JD Wiker on SW:RPG Revised Core Rulebook

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Thanks to Kwalish Kid for the scoop on this SWRPGNetwork interview with JD Wiker.

JD says that Armor will now be using DR, because players wanted it that way. He also says that AoOs will be included. Starship combat has been updated, and all the core classes have been adjusted to varying degrees. Expect to see some skills, feats, classes, starships, alien species, creatures and prestige included from some of the sourcebooks... Expect all new ones too.

For those of us who have the original CR, and don't want to buy the revised version, there will apparently be an "update package" to let you convert to the new rules.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
A-ha-ha-ha!

Armour as DR! Justified! :D

I'll be very interested to see what changes they make (it would be interesting to know whether they would ever be prepared to make such far-reaching changes to 3e D&D... probably not!)

Thanks for passing on the scoop

Justin Case

First Post
The right thing to do.

This is very cool news, for me, because I really want to run a Star Wars game, but absolutely hate the d20 Star Wars rules. It sounds like WotC is making all the right moves, here. Now, if they can only keep the errata down to a dull roar....

Ranger REG

Explorer
I am somewhat skeptical about applying DR value to personal armor. It's better to stack armor bonus with Class Defense Bonus. But it seems that this suggestion have fallen on deaf ears (or their ears are listening to the wrong fan feeback, IMHO).

But in Bill Slavicsek's interview (see www.SWRGPNetwork.com ), the personal armor's DR will be limited.

I am still skeptical, but less skeptical than before.

In any case, I'd probably play the 1st edition rules with a few revised edition rules, sans personal armor's DR. But I definitely will try out their new starship combat rule (if it is good).

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Ranger REG said:
I am somewhat skeptical about applying DR value to personal armor.

Works nicely in D&D, I think it would be great there too.

(see my website for details, if you are interested in my way of doing it)

leaghe

First Post
hmm.

Here anything on when the "update package" will become available to those of us with the original version?

Leaghe

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Ranger REG said:
I am somewhat skeptical about applying DR value to personal armor. It's better to stack armor bonus with Class Defense Bonus. But it seems that this suggestion have fallen on deaf ears (or their ears are listening to the wrong fan feeback, IMHO).

I've heard very few people suggest that armor bonus stack with Class Defense Bonus. If you started doing that, you'd quickly have people running around with near-impossible to hit Defenses. The few that do suggest this, also suggest limiting either the class or armor bonus by cutting it in half (or some other fraction).

If you want to look at a sample of armor DR... I've been using this homemade armor chart for several months now. It seems to work quite well, and actually makes heavy armors useful.

Remove ads