JD Wiker on SW:RPG Revised Core Rulebook

Ranger REG

Explorer
Two DR ratings per one armor?

I'd rather go with one armor bonus rating and one DR rating.

If you want, do not have armor bonus replace Class Defense bonus. Just use the better of two bonuses (this assume you are against stacking), with Dex modifier (up to the armor's Dex bonus cap) to upgrade your AC ... err, Defense value. Plus whatever modifier to enhance your Defense value. (dodge bonuses, deflection bonus, etc.)

Either Class Defense Bonus (IMHO, I don't like this term ... should be called Base Defense Bonus) or armor bonus, the DR still applies against any non-critical damage toward his WP.

Last edited:

WSmith

First Post
Reginald, I have to ask, and sorry for the slight hijack of the thread. Do you know if Jellies Books and Music in the Pearl Kai shopping center across from Pearlridge is still there? I used to find great deals on used D&D material.

Back to the SW. Jack, I like to keep the numbers to a minimum. So my preference would be to try to avoid the extra numbers.

That said, even though there will be an update pacakge, I just might buy the new rule book. A system with Defense, DR Armor and AoOs, that I like.

Ranger REG

Explorer
OFF-TOPIC

To be honest, I have not been to any Jelly's stores for quite a long while. I was planning on going to see for myself if they still reside at Pearl Kai Center this weekend, but the plan fell through (something else takes precedence).

drowdude

First Post
Kewl!!! :D :D :D

I love the idea of Star Wars D20, but the rules left me somewhat uninspired.

Glad that they are doing the "Update Package" deal....

Knowing me, I'll prolly end up shelling out the cash for the new edition though ;)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
drowdude said:
Knowing me, I'll prolly end up shelling out the cash for the new edition though ;)

I think many of us will do it... And once again when the Episode 3 (what silly title will it have?) and the Revised Revised Edition will be released :(

Arknight

First Post
revision is good in this case

I for one am actually looking forward to the revision.

The Armor as DR vs Wounds only seems a workable change, and depending on how low they go, will still allo the heroes to take down those battle droids/stormtroopers/whatever quickly, while giving themselves a bit better survival chance.

AoOs should work out well too since no longer will you (according to the rules) ~not~ be able to shoot someone if you're standing next to them. I imagine now, it'll be a -4 penalty and provoking a AoO but possible.

I look forward to the class revisions and such too. So, even though I could just get the update, I imagine I'll get the new book. :)

Tom

Jack Haggerty

First Post
I'm most curious to see how they handle Force Powers in conjunction with AoO's... I've been trying to work AoOs into my games. Seems that Force powers should trigger AoOs and require "concentration" checks ala D&D Spellcasting, but I've yet figured out a good way to determine the DC of the check.

I'll probably end up buying the revised book, and hand-me-down my old book to my little brother.

Tiefling

First Post
Interesting. Of course they didn't take the leap and kill classes and levels, but maybe it will be improved some. I'll have to check it out.

On the Ewoks killing stormtroopers note - I didn't find that all too unbelievable, because there was a huge hoard of Ewoks, and enough arrows will find the chinks in any suit of armor. A stretch, yes, but a good heroic scene (with Warwick Davis, premiere dwarf actor! :)).

And about those Dark Troopers, what exactly were they? They looked like robots to me, but they were supposed to be "a new type of stormtrooper," and stormtroopers certainly weren't robots. Eh?

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Dark Troopers...

It depends... Sometimes they're robots, sometimes they're souped up Stormtroopers in bad-ass powered armor.

Either way, they step on kittens and steal candy from little kids.

Remove ads