Jemals School

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Rathan - Reposting from my prior post with emphasis for clarity
TO be more specific in rules terms: each time you enter the arena, all non-permanent buffs will be removed (Rage, Mage armour, etc) to prevent you from going in with an advantage. You will then be given 1d4+1 rounds to prepare (buff, rage, sing, etc). I will roll the dice after you tell me your planned order of buffing, and then will tell you during the first 'scenario' round what buffs you had time for.
You won't know how long the preparation time is going to last until it's over (Otherwise the 'random' bit would be kinda pointless). If you want to wait before casting, tell me how many rounds you wait, but the scenario might start before you begin buffing if you do that.

Jamien - What stunt are you trying to do with the ride check, and why during preparation?

Everybody:
There are no enemies present during the preparation period, the Arena will be empty until the scenario begins. If you wish to set a specific party formation, feel free to do so but you won't know which direction anything will be coming from.

Also please don't forget initiative checks. If people forget to roll things, I'll roll them for you but at a -2. I'll remind people for the first few rounds but after that the penalties kick in.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The Stands outside the Arena

Cal flops on a bench and Nettle settles himself at Cal's feet. Cal's is, irrationally, a bit disappointed that his group doesn't get to battle first but at least he'll get to watch and see how things happen before he has to get out there. He watches Jamien mount up and Amaya, Aussir, and Terrance begin their preparations. He glances at his companions not yet fighting and (I presume) watching along with him: Coravin, Keizaan, and Lionel. "Maybe we should come up with a plan for when we get our turn in the arena. I know, I know, a plan never lasts long past contact with the enemy but it could help. And Jamien said our first battle would be with wolves in a field." Cal frowns down at Nettle. Nettle thumps his tail once upon the ground on sensing Cal's examination. "Telling Nettle from other wolves may be difficult at a glance... Anyone got a scrap of brightly colored cloth we can use as an identifying collar?"

[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming that Jamien shared information with the rest of us before entering the arena...[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Umm i gave you the ride check because Jamien was mounting his steed. I thought it best to do it just in case, no stunts as of now. And yes, GlassEye sorry for not filling the party in, i thought we had been beamed down to the arena or something. [/sblock]

Andor

First Post
Lionel cautiously extends his hand for Nettle to sniff. "I have to go change anyway, I'll grab a sash for him while I'm in my room. Um.. I don't suppose anyone cares to play squire for me and help with my armour? It goes a lot faster and more easily with help."

OCC: He gladly accepts any offers of help, if offered, and heads off to his room.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Cal looks sheepishly down at himself. "Oh, yeah. Armor." He grins. "Guess I forgot. I'm not used to wearing it so I left mine in my room." He gets to his feet. "I'll go help you out since I need to go get my own armor."

Nettle sniffs Lionel's hand with interest then licks his knuckles. When Cal gets up Nettle follows.

Arkhandus

First Post
"I too should fetch my combat gear.....I left it in my room, expecting there might be other things to be done before any combat practice. I will return shortly. Once Lionel and I have our gear, we can all discuss tactics." Keizaan says, following Lionel's lead in heading back to the dorms for his stuff. He leaves anything not needed for battle in his room when he gets there.

Aussir starts to dance around the party as they are in the clearing but when Terrance casts his spell on Aussir he stops on the other side from Jamien and justs stands figgiting.

[sblock=OOC] 1d20+3=21 Nice! and Aussir always wears his armour and his weapons are his claws... ya he's always ready for a fight.[/sblock]

Remove ads