Jemals School

Myth and Legend

First Post
Jamien was a bit overwhelmed by the telepathy but kept his composure. "So it has become my responsibility to choose the trials for my comrades." the boy said with a stern voice.

He didn't know how to proceed so he just improvied - he imagined the two groups separately, standing apart from each other. Himself, Amaya, Aussir and Terrance on one side and Lionel, Keizaan, Coravin, and Cal on the other.

For his own group the Knight chose the wooded region with what seemed to be Goblins or Orcs lurking in the bushes - a worthy cause to exterminate such vile creatures, and one he had taken part in alongside his father.

For the other group, he chose the wolves on the wide field, partly because of Cal and Nettle, whom he though would feel right at home there. He liked the young shepherd, even if he was just a commoner of no noble blood.

Andor

First Post
"Fascinating. That's not how things work on my world, or at least my corner of it. The dragon are powers in their own rights like Vertimanrothax the Deathwind who heads my order. Few bother with having their own kingdoms however, it's just not how their ambitions run. At any rate there are a lot more Kingdoms than their are Wyrms strong enough to hold one. And if someone irks one of our dragons the Wyrm usually just eats them. Unless they get really mad. Then it can get a tad unpleasant."

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Terrance grins and gives Arin a shrug of false innocence as he chuckles softly... his eyes then fall onto Jamien and how his dealings with the arena Keeper was going.. and which team he would be assigned to.... he was not sure if this would be up to the keepers digression or Jamiens.... either way however he hoped he could be of some help in either situation....

Rhun

First Post
Amaya tactfully ignores the comments about Jamien and mating. "On my world, draconic is also often used by those who study the ways of magic. Thus, I was taught the language at an early age."

Jemal

Adventurer
The keeper records the teams and their starting encounters in his book, and informs Jamien that his team will be up soon, and to get ready. He points Jamien to a posted sign that Jamien hadn't seen before, and then turns and begins conversing telepathicaly with Arin.

Jamien reads the sign:
First Year Students Arena Rules and Information
All magical, supernatural, and extraordinary non-permanent effects will be removed upon entering the arena.
If Stabled mounts are required, inform the Keeper before entering the Arena and they will be teleported in with you.
You will be given a random alotment of time up to 30 seconds after entering to prepare before the first encounter begins.
After each encounter, there will be a two minute rest period before the next encounter begins.
At any point between scenarios, you may choose to exit the Arena. If you do not, you will particpate in the next scenario.
Once you have exited the training room, you will gain credit for whatever you did. If you successfully complete multiple scenarios, you will gain a 10%(cumulative) bonus for each beyond the first. If you are KO'd during a scenario, your companions(if you have any) will have until the start of the next scenario to ressusitate you. If they cannot/do not, you will be removed at the start of the next scenario, and automatically ressusitated outside the arena. Those removed will receive credit for each scenario they successfully completed, but will not gain any survival bonus.

[sblock=ooc]
Most of the info on the 'sign' is just re-written from the opening OOC post, but I figured I'd give you guys the 'official' rundown again so its fresh in your minds. I will assume you have all of your listed gear with you unless you state otherwise before your first 'in arena' post.
I need the first team (Jamien, Amaya, Aussir and Terrance) to post what (if any) they plan on doing with their preparation time, along with initiative rolls. Once I have that, I will start the first scenario.
TO be more specific in rules terms: each time you enter the arena, all non-permanent buffs will be removed (Rage, Mage armour, etc) to prevent you from going in with an advantage. You will then be given 1d4+1 rounds to prepare (buff, rage, sing, etc). I will roll the dice after you tell me your planned order of buffing, and then will tell you during the first 'scenario' round what buffs you had time for.
[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Terrance loads his crossbow though was a bit weary of using it with his lack of dexterous ability... once entering the arena however he casts Resistance on himself and Guidance on Assuir for his prepared actions casting them as close to the ending time the buffs portion of the time limit they have as possible..

[sblock=Spell Rundown]
Guidance: Duration; One Minute or Until Discharged; This spell imbues the subject with a touch of divine guidance. The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

Resistance: Duration; One Minute; You imbue the subject with magical energy that protects it from harm, granting it a +1 resistance bonus on saves. [/sblock]

1d20-1=3 (Initiative)

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Jamien read the sign, thoroughly glad it had been written in Common, as he was not taught other languages. He turned back towards the keeper and opened his mouth to speak, but the man regarded the Knight and pierced his eyes with his stare.

The boy rather reluctantly, imagined his destrier Tempest, a large warhorse with orange and brown fur. He then prepared himself and went inside. As his mount was magically transported to him Jamien patted his nose to calm him down, and then mounted him. The Knight positioned himself between Amaya, Terrance and the immediate threat of the greenskins, pulled out his lance, and awaited for the battle to commence.

[sblock] Initiative: 8+2=10, Ride: take 10+7 = 17 [/sblock]

Remove ads