Jemals School

Rathan

First Post
Terrance chuckles and in the little dragons own primitive language he puts it in terms he'll understand....

[sblock=Draconic]Jamien wishes to make Amaya his mate and thus will do anything she says to get into what little clothing the exotic woman wears.....[/sblock] Terrance says to Assuir knowing some will understand.. some won't and it's MUCH better this way.... but then again no one ever said Terrance wasn't a blunt young man...... for 15 years old.. he was a VERY wise and knowing individual......

Theroc

First Post
Coravin merely laughed, almost raucausly for his non-robust frame at Terrance's blunt description, responding in kind.

"I'm not certain it's wise to say such things, even in this tongue... for most of us can speak it... and it's still a somewhat private matter, as Jamien may not wish to share just yet..."

Turning to smile at Cal, Coravin answered his question in the common speech.

"The tongue you're asking about is the speech of the Great Reptiles, the Dragons. It seems it's more common knowledge on other planes than it is on mine..."

Aussir holds his head at that angle that has come to be his default when he is trying to figure something out "Why Jamien want that? Mating between..." Aussir's voice begins to trail off. It seems that for once the little critter finally unders stands something. "So thats what different bout Amaya. But still why into clothes? Mating done.... OOOooooooohhhhh!." Aussir looks up at Amaya. "Amaya no worry. Attention not welcome then Aussir solve. Attention welcome then Aussir solve other way."

Andor

First Post
Lionel laughs heartily. "It seems you're gathering quite the collection of followers fair Amaya." He turns to Coravin. "Knowledge of the true tongue is rare where you come from? How bizarre. Truely I have much to learn of other worlds. Where I come from no nobleman could survive in ignorance of the true tongue."

OCC: Italics indicate draconic. :)

Theroc

First Post
In response to Lionel, Coravin responds easily.

"In my home plane, what you call the 'True Tongue' is known primarily by scholars and those who are directly connected with the Great Wyrms..."

Jemal

Adventurer
Arin chuckles at the exchange at poor Jamiens expense, even smacking Terrance playfully on the shoulder when he makes his blunt statement, and bursting into full laughter at Aussir's speech. Once she has control again, she shakes her head and adresses the issues of the Arena again Back to the point.. When new students come in the older ones usually try to keep the schedule fairly clear for a day or two to give all of you new bloods a chance to try it out. The group in there right now was probably taking advantage of the lull between arrivals. Besides, I'm on pretty good terms with the Keeper, so... Excuse me a moment." Arin winks to the group and moves to follow Jamien. As an afterthought, she stops and puts a hand on Cal's shoulder "And if you wish to learn the language, there are several Linguistic classes I can help you sign up for later."

As Jamien approaches the door, the robed man glides forward, greeting him telepathically - It is not in words, but Jamien understands perfectly - the Keeper wants to know his purpose here. Once Jamien tells him of their intention to join up, the Keeper holds a hand over a nearby podium, upon which rests a large book. His cowled head turns to regard Jamien, who understands that he wishes to know who will be participating. Jamien also receives a few mental images. In his mind he sees first a barren plains, and pack of vicious looking wolves; then a road through the woods, with green-skinned forms hiding in the trees; a dark dungeon filled with spiders, and finally a vision of an open arena, surrounded by specators, with two armed men waiting to do battle.

Before Jamien can respond, Arin's hand is on his shoulder "He wants you to pick a different starting encounter for each team. Any further encounters you have in the same session will be chosen by the Keeper." She looks at the Keeper for a moment, and the knight can sense a telepathic raport between them. "And he's willing to squeeze the teams in within the next hour." She smiles warmly at the Keeper, who nods then turns back to Jamien for his response.

[sblock=ooc]
I need Jamien to state, for the record, which members are in which team, and what starting encounter each team will be facing. Also, which team goes first (Apologies but I will only be running a single 'fight scene' at a time... unti the second arena is finished. The rest of you will have to continue with the (Awesome, btw) roleplaying while you watch/wait.
[/sblock]

Andor

First Post
"In my home plane, what you call the 'True Tongue' is known primarily by scholars and those who are directly connected with the Great Wyrms..."

Lionel looks thoughtful. "I suppose that's true of my world as well, although any who have buisiness with the Sleestak or the other scaled folk also need it. But ... The Great Wyrms of your world must be a less meddlesome lot than in mine if the Nobles can live without 'direct connections' to them."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"There are a lot of things I'd like to learn," says Cal to Arin before she takes off after Jamien, "but if I can fit it into my schedule I will. And I thank you for your help."

He turns back to the others in his group. "This True Tongue," says Cal trying to wrap his own tongue around the word as Lionel has said it, "isn't known in my world. Or, at least, I've never heard of it. We have a myriad of tongues spoken by mankind but the most prevalent non-human tongue is that spoken by the satyrs and dryads. I've never seen a dragon, either; Aussir is the first."

Theroc

First Post
"I suppose that's true of my world as well, although any who have buisiness with the Sleestak or the other scaled folk also need it. But ... The Great Wyrms of your world must be a less meddlesome lot than in mine if the Nobles can live without 'direct connections' to them."

"The only nobles in my world who have dealings with dragons are those who directly seek them out... and those that do must be very careful which dragons they choose to deal with. Most of the Great Wyrms want little to do with mortal affairs, save their material wealth, so tribute is almost required to speak with them. However, some are somewhat benevolent and become patrons of nobles, granting boons on occasions is they follow dictates laid down by the Wyrm. Granted, it's generally dangerous to have dealings with the Wyrms, because if you don't do as asked, they will simply find you and destroy everything around you... and once news gets around of it, you won't be welcome in any towns... for fear or retribution from the Wyrm."

Remove ads