D&D (2024) Jeremy Crawford Gives an Overview of the New Unearthed Arcana

The largest Unearthed Arcana ever, with 50 pages of playtest material!

The upcoming Unearthed Arcana playtest packet for One D&D gets a preview from WotC's Jeremy Crawford. This is apparently the largest of these playtest packets so far, and the biggest Unearthed Arcana they have ever done, at 50 pages long.

It contains 5 classes, new spells, new feats, a revised rules glossary, and the new weapon mastery system.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So much for my awesome powers of prediction. The new UA video has dropped and looks like the evoker is still in the game.
So, what will the other 3 sub classes be next year? I still feel that 3 more magic school subclasses would be super lame.
Crawford already spoiled the Necromancer, and I bet Illusionist is in because of History.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I remember the SAGA designer mentioning the need for the lightsaber to be excellent mechanically.
Fair enough, but I would posit that the designer's concern is unwarranted, as there are ample in-universe explanations for the efficacy of lightsabres.

Yaarel

He Mage
Fair enough, but I would posit that the designer's concern is unwarranted, as there are ample in-universe explanations for the efficacy of lightsabres.
I agree the mechanics need match a plausible narrative.

My main point is how any prominent weapon changes the feel of a setting. To safeguard flavor, requires ensuring desirable mechanics.

Remove ads

Remove ads