• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

jim pinto presents a Gallery of Rogues, a new kickstarter project about a criminal guild

jim pinto

First Post
178341_362406960522342_1422066921_o.jpg

From the award-winning author of the World's Largest Dungeon, Toolbox, and Ultimate Toolbox, along with the artist of about a million projects comes a sourcebook for fantasy gaming unlike any before. A Gallery of Rogues is a unique source book detailing a complex and original criminal guild for any fantasy game. This is not a book on how to run a criminal empire, but rather a new way of presenting guild organizations and NPCs. Each character has a complex background, with interwoven stories and relationships. Each NPC is detailed with its own piece of art, as well. No short cuts in this one. And no wasted page space telling you what they are wearing.

The support system for this Kickstarter Project is also different. As the number of copies sold increases, so does the size of the book, while your cost remains constant. Getting in on the ground floor means more than just your name in the credits, it's also a chance to grow the book from 100 to 200 pages or more. Supporters also have the option of getting their own characters into the book, joining the ranks of the guild, and becoming part of relationship matrix.

Gallery of Rogues includes worksheets for organizing the characters and there's even an option to purchase a deck of cards with criminal details on each card.

If people support it, we'll even make special dice.

Written by jim pinto, with illustrations by Eric Lofgren this project promises to do what your fantasy source books should have already been doing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/218255739/a-gallery-of-rogues

jim pinto

First Post
Yep. That kickstarter will be finished very soon. And people have been getting updates and new due dates. Several times, in fact. Not sure why this blogger missed that.

My tone also got the best of me, when I was trying to be funny. He obviously failed to post my follow-up apology, which was extremely earnest and serious. Something I rarely am on the internet.

Lastly, we purposely have a 60-day lead on this kickstarter. Once I get the rhythm down better, I should always have one going.

And in the interest of full disclosure, here is my apology.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/218255739/king-for-a-day/posts/368921

Edit: Let me add, that everyone waiting for that project to finish has every right to be mad, and I've talked with many of them personally. But since I am days from finishing it, the issue is hardly as grave as some of the other kickstarters that have gone south.

Last edited:

jim pinto

First Post
A Gallery of Rogues is a fantasy sourcebook of a criminal guild and its network of operatives. More than just a thieves guild, the members come from all backgrounds, including criminal, civil, and even political. The guild maintains a wide array of members, including at least one wizard and a few politicians — to keep things orderly and all that. Each character has a deep background, linked to other members of the guild. This interwoven design promises for a realistic and complex web for your organization. Which in turns means months, if not years of rich game play.

Remove ads