D&D General Joe Manganiello’s Dungeons and Dragons table delivery is a sight to behold.

Sacrosanct

Legend
@Sacrosanct How hard is the surface? I'd worry about it being hard the dice bounce too much. Does that happen?
I would never roll dice directly on it. Not so much for the bounce, but because I’d hate to scratch the table. I used oil instead of lacquer, so Joes table is probably more durable, but I’d still use a dice tray or cloth placemat or something

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I don't think so. Mind you, "developing a TV show" does not mean that he is connected to the show that Paramount is doing as there are a lot of cooks in the Hollywood kitchen. Though given his passion to develop DragonLance as the "Star Wars of D&D", let's hope so!
The TV show that may come out as early this year is the Rawson Marshall Thurber, not the Derek Kolstad project and not the Joe Manganiello project.

The live-action series has been tipped to be the studio’s largest-scope TV project ever, potentially launching a “Dungeons & Dragons” universe spanning multiple scripted and unscripted shows. - Deadline
And yes, that means there are three potential tv series at this point.

Waller

Legend
I definitely don't have the time to watch a 45-minute video of a man getting a table delivered. This is surely peak internet!

Clint_L

Hero
I definitely don't have the time to watch a 45-minute video of a man getting a table delivered. This is surely peak internet!
I recently learned that you can just watch the parts that interest you. For example, I was interested in seeing his game room and the table itself, plus a bit about how it was made, so I just watched that. I skipped the rest, and didn't get in trouble or anything. It was pretty great!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I recently learned that you can just watch the parts that interest you. For example, I was interested in seeing his game room and the table itself, plus a bit about how it was made, so I just watched that. I skipped the rest, and didn't get in trouble or anything. It was pretty great!
Yes, they have links to different time indices in the comments. I watched parts of it too. Fascinating process.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Thank you. I liked how it turned out. For those curious, my table used about $1000 worth of resin and the black walnut slab was $900. Joe's was what? 44 gallons? That's about $4500 just for the resin. Probably $20,000 for the wood for a slab that large. So I'm guessing the entire table cost Joe about $40,000-ish.
He's got that Modern Family money!

Remove ads