D&D General Joe Manganiello’s group now WizKids miniatures

Dire Bare

Legend
I get a kick out of how wonderfully over the top and DARK Manganiello's game is. It makes perfect sense when you match the characters of his home game to his nerd fashion line, "Death Saves" a blend of D&D and death metal sensibilities.

But I'm also done purchasing mini's with mediocre to poor paint jobs and bendy weapons, which WizKids haven't managed to avoid in their pre-painted line as of yet, even with their "premium figures". I'm not really criticizing, as higher quality materials and paint jobs would make the prices out-of-reach for most of us . . . it's just not an area I'm interested in anymore.

Now, if WizKids releases versions of these guys in their Deep Cuts (unpainted) line . . . I might go for that!!

Dire Bare

Legend
I really like the variety of those minis--but $63 USD for each set seems excessive. 🤑
It ain't cheap, that's for sure. But probably fair.

The cost of plastics has been rising, as has the cheap overseas labor of those who are painting your miniatures. Then there's the manufacturing and shipping problems of the pandemic . . . .

I'm not going to complain about the price, but . . . . it is high enough that I won't be purchasing these on impulse, or at all really. But I'm glad they are available for fans.

Has anything been said about Manganiellos's campaign? Is it set in the Dragonlance setting, a homebrew setting, etc? Is it the home world of Arkhan the Cruel?

Last edited:

Remove ads