JOHN CARTER RPG Coming From Modiphius

Some RPG companies score awesome license after awesome license. Green Ronin is one such company, and Margaret Weis Productions is another. Modiphius Entertainment has product lines for Thunderbirds, Conan, and more, and now Edgar Rice Burrough's John Carter has a roleplaying game coming Christmas 2015, based on the 2d20 Lite system, a stremalined version of the system which powers their Mutant Chronicles and Conan games. Also lined up are miniatures in Spring 2016, and a board game in Summer 2016.

Some RPG companies score awesome license after awesome license. Green Ronin is one such company, and Margaret Weis Productions is another. Modiphius Entertainment has product lines for Thunderbirds, Conan, and more, and now Edgar Rice Burrough's John Carter has a roleplaying game coming Christmas 2015, based on the 2d20 Lite system, a stremalined version of the system which powers their Mutant Chronicles and Conan games. Also lined up are miniatures in Spring 2016, and a board game in Summer 2016.

69ea09fd-3d99-485e-8e50-f87ba35db3be.jpg

"Explore the wonders of Barsoom from the vast deserts to the ancient cities. Discover the forgotten secrets of a world that was old when life first spawned in the oceans of Earth. Play as pilots, warriors, scientists, or one of the terrifying green Tharks. Create you own Barsoom adventures or take on the great journeys as John Carter himself along side Dejah Thoris, Kantos Kan, Xodar, Tars Tarkas, Thuvia of Ptarth, Carthoris of Helium or any of the other major heroes and heroines of Barsoom."

Modiphius says the the RPG will draw directly from Burroughs' original texts, and that they are "committed to a faithful adaptation".

John Carter: Swords of Mars-Miniatures- Due for release: Spring 2016

A line of collectible miniatures for use with the roleplaying game brings your adventures to the battlefield. Play small skirmishes or fight a war for the dying planet-scalable rules provide for both. Defend ruins against a horde of Tharks, raid the city of Helium to capture the Princess or take your battle airborne with the Red Martian navies.

John Carter: Warlord of Mars-The Board Game-Due for release: Summer 2016

Enact the greatest adventures across the ancient world of Barsoom as you lead your heroes through crumbling ruins and take to the skies in the beautiful ships of the Helium Navy. Can you save Barsoom from ruin at the hands of dastardly scientists or ancient forces?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, it says Thunderbirds, not Thundercats. As in 5...4...3...2...1...Thunderbirds are go!

JeffB

Legend
Massive Mars/JC fan and was excited to see this until I read what system it's using. The Conan playtest has totally turned me off.

aramis erak

Legend
Considering their other stuff I've seen, and their staff attitudes (including "pretty" being the first thing they throw as a selling point), I think I'll pass.

CapnZapp

Legend
I emphatically wish this effort is not sanitized the Disney way.

If that wasn't clear enough: I hope this game retains the full, complete, and unabashed nudity described by the source material.

Richards

Legend
I'll probably try to pick this up, just to read it if nothing else. I'm a big time John Carter fan, but I doubt I'd be able to get a group together wanting to play it. (It's happened before; I have Pelgrane's Dying Earth RPG because I'm also a big Jack Vance fan, even though I've never played it.)

Johnathan

Remove ads

Remove ads