• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

John Woo to direct Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
John Woo + Tom Clancy = Must see film!!!! :cool:

I think that they can get away from the main villain in the story and tell lots of little stories without a mastermind, per se. I am especially looking forward to the Without Remorse adaptation. I agree that Matt Damon could make a good John Clark in his 20s. I remember when they were first talking about doing this movie, it was going to be Val Kilmer. I guess they waited too long and, what do you know, Val Kilmer got too old. :\

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
I hope they cast good actors for John Clark and Ding Chavez, as I've always liked those two characters.

I kinda think they should keep Raymond Cruz, the guy who played Ding in Clear & Present Danger. He did a reasonably good job with it. My roommate and I kind of made a pastime of watching for Ding on TV shows.

Brad

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Ghostwind said:
So who would be everyone's pick for the casting of John Clark? When I first read Without Remorse, I immediately thought of Nicolas Cage...

Good call.

I just hope it isn't Ben Affleck. That guy is box office poison and I think movie producers are beginning to realise this as a fact.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Derulbaskul said:
Good call.

I just hope it isn't Ben Affleck. That guy is box office poison and I think movie producers are beginning to realise this as a fact.
Agreed. Ben Affleck sucks all the life out of any role he's given. Ben Affleck playing Jack Ryan in The Sum of All Fears movie was a very bad choice, IMO.

NeoSamurai

First Post
While Clark wasn't "visible" in Patriot Games, he admitted in Clear and Present Danger that he was involved in the Chad (?) assault on the terrorist encampment.

buzzard

First Post
While I have no desire to see Ben Affeck in anymore Clancy movies (well since I skipped Sum of All Fears, I can't say I've seen him in any), I don't think he's quite that bad. I think he was pretty good in Daredevil.

I think DaFoe would work for Clark in Rainbow Six. The age would be about right, and I think he could handle the character well.

buzzard

John Crichton

First Post
Hmmm.

I actually really liked The Sum of All Fears. I liked Affleck in it. The problems that the movie had weren't Affleck's fault. He did a good job. I really liked Schreiber as Clark, too. When the Without Remorse plans popping up after The Sum of All Fears I thought that continuing the character with the same actor would have worked just fine. I have never read any of the novels so I only have the films to go on - take it as you like. :)

Trainz

Explorer
Affleck wasn't so bad in Sum of all Fears.

If you want bad Affleck, look no further then Daredevil.

Now that, my friend, is b.a.d. . The only good thing about Daredevil was Bullseye, and even not super good at that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads