JOKER Is Now The Most Profitable Comic Book Movie Ever

It's a great story, acted to a tee, directed to a tee. Sounds like movies from yesteryear to me before blockbusters took over. I see it as a return to good STORY telling, something the film industry, in the main, had been incrementally drifting away from. That's my take on it all.

Zardnaar

Legend
You just repeated the link. What's the point of this conversation?

Man, I give up. I can't interact with you.

I did add extra, you were the one who went off the deep end about it. I hadn't finished the post when you jumped down my throat.

I didn't attack you in my post did I? I hit post because it's hard to post fast on phone and the cat was nuzzling my hand.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's a great story, acted to a tee, directed to a tee. Sounds like movies from yesteryear to me before blockbusters took over. I see it as a return to good STORY telling, something the film industry, in the main, had been incrementally drifting away from. That's my take on it all.
I kind of agree; Phoenex was superb (everybody was superb); the cinematography and the sets were astonishing. But I'm such a Scorsese fan that I just felt I'd seen that exact film before. It's literally Taxi Driver + King of Comedy. But yes, it is a work of art - acted, filmed, and scored perfectly.

Scorcese's current Oscar campaign is a bit obnoxious. I get what he's saying, and The Irishman and Joker are up against Marvel, and, hey, all's fair and all that.

I kind of agree; Phoenex was superb (everybody was superb); the cinematography and the sets were astonishing. But I'm such a Scorsese fan that I just felt I'd seen that exact film before. It's literally Taxi Driver + King of Comedy. But yes, it is a work of art - acted, filmed, and scored perfectly.

Scorcese's current Oscar campaign is a bit obnoxious. I get what he's saying, and The Irishman and Joker are up against Marvel, and, hey, all's fair and all that.

Yep--all of it combines to make a great STORY. They captured LIFE in Joker; and that is simple to say, not so simple to do, thus.... Art.

I read an article the other day that was talking about the disorder that Joker displays Pseudobulbar affect (PBA) and it's making it an easier conversation to have about.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases