JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
Solarious said:
You disappoint me Joachim. You didn't get half-owned by Dragotha? BLASPHEMY! :lol:

Well, there is always Kyssus. :) I mean, you never did manage to take down Adimarchus, even with Entropy helping out with her massive selection of spells and 2 artifacts. :]

And thank you for spelling out my username correctly. You wouldn't believe how many people say 'Solarius' to me. :p

I will say this much Entropy Never Helped She Hindered us more than she helped. All I am going to say about the Adimarchus Quote.

Great Update JD

I...don't...believe...it !!! :eek: What tactics!

This has got to be the most amazing victory of the league, yet. And they didn't even need Grim...

In your face, James Jacobs:
from the end of Into the Wormcrawl Fissure:
James Jacobs apologizes in advance to all the PCs destined to be killed by Dragotha. They probably did something to deserve it, though.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast

That was crazy awesome. Excellent use of tactics, and I'm sure a little blessing from the Dice Gods didn't hurt there, either.

Now, who's next? Lashonna? The Big K?

Demiurge out.

gfunk

First Post
Ika_Greybeard said:
I will say this much Entropy Never Helped She Hindered us more than she helped. All I am going to say about the Adimarchus Quote.

:] Right . . .

Neverwinter Knight said:
This has got to be the most amazing victory of the league, yet. And they didn't even need Grim...
In your face, James Jacobs:

Yep, we were all very excited when Joachim ran over his plan before the final battle. It was well thought out and there only a few things that could've prevented it from working. Jacobs did a good thing (for the DM) by putting Dragotha @ the end of a tough gauntlet of enemies. This way we didn't meet Dragotha, roll initiave straight up (meaning he would be toast w/ Havoc's 40+ initiative), and have at him.

Thing worked out when Hawk and Faust went in the room early and got all offensive fire directed @ them so that Grubber/Havoc could get into position and unleash the plan.

And, of course, the whole thing would've been nigh impossible w/o Mak's timely (and creative) miracle.

demiurge1138 said:
Now, who's next? Lashonna? The Big K?

We got so much experience from this encounter that it put us over Level 21. By the rules though, our XP resetted to one less than we needed for 21st. Looks we'll have to find some kobolds to kill . . . :)

We also got > 300K of gold from Dragotha's liquidated hoard. We'll see if there is enough time to spend it. I have a feeling that we will collapse Waterdeep's economy w/ all the influx of cash!

Last edited:

Solarious

Explorer
Ah, Miracle-resting. It's almost like I'm playing BG2... where a Wish would grant you the full benefits of 8 hours of sleep. :)

You guys are certainly rich now. But you're going to need the wealth... Kyuss and his minions await! I wonder how much of this module is going to get tweaking from Jolly. It's pretty clear from my readthrough that it got lots of cutting and gutting from the original manuscript.

This is gonna be good. :D

Ika_Greybeard said:
Hindered as in was more worried about her Killing us than adimarchus :heh:
Sissy. She tags him with a pair of Energy Drains from her artifact-crown, tries to Gate in Cronos to finish off a fleeing Adimarchus, and you worry she's going to kill you? Granted, should she have finished the job, you might have, but Entropy had problems of her own, as you will recall if you tried hard enough. ;)

Speaking of which, remember what Adi's CR was? Somewhere around 27, right? Kyuss is... somewhere beyond that. :]

I also point out you have no minor artifacts to speak of.

gfunk said:
Yep, we were all very excited when Joachim ran over his plan before the final battle. It was well thought out and there only a few things that could've prevented it from working. Jacobs did a good thing (for the DM) by putting Dragotha @ the end of a tough gauntlet of enemies. This way we didn't meet Dragotha, roll initiave straight up (meaning he would be toast w/ Havoc's 40+ initiative), and have at him.
Do you plan your tactics without JollyDoc first and surprise him or is he present when you do it? Anyway, Kudos to Joachim for the plan. You might have added a Silence, that way you would not have had to listen to the whinings of Dragotha. :]

gfunk said:
We got so much experience from this encounter that it put us over Level 21. By the rules though, our XP resetted to one less than we needed for 21st. Looks we'll have to find some kobolds to kill . . . :)

We also got > 300K of gold from Dragotha's liquidated hoard. We'll see if there is enough time to spend it. I have a feeling that we will collapse Waterdeep's economy w/ all the influx of cash!
The rules / JD won't let you gain two levels at once?

Solarious said:
Maybe something can be done about that! ;)

gfunk

First Post
Solarious said:

*COUGH*staff of the magi*COUGH*
*COUGH*talismans of zagyg*COUGH*

Neverwinter Knight said:
Do you plan your tactics without JollyDoc first and surprise him or is he present when you do it? Anyway, Kudos to Joachim for the plan. You might have added a Silence, that way you would not have had to listen to the whinings of Dragotha.

The rules / JD won't let you gain two levels at once?

We actually asked JD to leave the table while we talked turkey. He graciously obliged . . . :)

No, two levels @ once would be a blatant rules violation . . . but the DM has been known to bend the rules ever so slightly in the past for the benefit of the story line. . . :)

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
gfunk said:
No, two levels @ once would be a blatant rules violation . . . but the DM has been known to bend the rules ever so slightly in the past for the benefit of the story line. . . :)

Oh I may bend the rules this time...just not in the way you expect... :]

Remove ads