• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Rise of the Runelords...Updated 12/22

WarEagleMage

First Post
Just about every character in this group has abilities that I think are slightly broken, but with everyone using them it kinda evens out in my opinion, and without them I'm not sure we could make it through the adventure path.

Adso's not broken...er, except for that whole Mage Slayer tree of feats...but hey, it cost me 4 feats total for that (I would not otherwise have taken blindfighting), so my cheese came at a very high cost with somewhat limited functionality - especially since Paizo spellcasters are usually Stone Giant Paragons with unassociated class levels.

Seriously though, it some of our readers love playing rogues, you'll really love the Pathfinder rogue. Lots of added flavor and crunch.

Joachim

First Post
So while yes I think the bow is a little broken, I also think reapers total domination of undead, my Book of nine swords power, amd Sinclairs firery burst are all slightly broken (Reapers most of all, but he does a good job of not abusing it to the extent the rules would allow).

The ability to create and/or control undead has not really been all that fantastic until this module, and that is really because at the end of every fight the battlefields in this adventure are littered with the corpses of high-strength large-to-huge creatures with two-handed weapons. Evilgasm, indeed.

Because of the DN's Undead Mastery ability I am able to animate and control 125 HD of monsters at 11th level, as opposed to 44 HD that a normal 11th level spellcaster would be entitled to. To keep myself under control, I have effectively got 80 HD worth of Ogre Skeletons in 'deep freeze' back at Fort Rannick.

This does not count existing undead that we run into that I can take over with Command Undead (which has no limit). Ergo, attacking Reaper with your buff undead friends can be a leading cause of death in the Fortress of the Stone Giant King.

Supar

First Post
And for the record... 176, please? My max damage is actually 188 per round, and once per combat I can do an extra attack to make it 235... but I digress.

208 is my max buddy! u have tens of thousands of gold over my starting gold from 7th lvl, and on top of that can u do that from 120 feet away?

i dont even fight with the group i know the bracers are cheesed and broken. Have even offered to give em up, JD has just looks forward to the day he can sunder it and justify it

WarEagleDex

First Post
True, I have quite a bit higher starting gold then you... but my damage comes from my weapon alone. as for 120 feet away.... you got me there.

I'm the one person who you can trully believe isn't cheering for the sundering of your bow.. I did save it after all... and yes, JD REALLY wants to sunder it, which frightens me just a bit.. imagine if he did, the gestures and the dancing he might do aftwards would cause us to have to roll a fort save or be forever blind...

JollyDoc

Explorer
I'm the one person who you can trully believe isn't cheering for the sundering of your bow.. I did save it after all... and yes, JD REALLY wants to sunder it, which frightens me just a bit.. imagine if he did, the gestures and the dancing he might do aftwards would cause us to have to roll a fort save or be forever blind...

My brother invented a dance called 'the Dance of the Jiggling Pickle.' I will perform it live and repeatedly should my fondest bow-sundering dreams come true...:p

Joachim

First Post
My brother invented a dance called 'the Dance of the Jiggling Pickle.' I will perform it live and repeatedly should my fondest bow-sundering dreams come true...:p

My prayer before bed tonight:

Dear Jesus, please make sure that Joe's 'pickle' doesn't get to jiggling in front of me...or even dancing for that matter. That is all.

Amen.

Supar

First Post
My prayer before bed tonight:

Dear Jesus, please make sure that Joe's 'pickle' doesn't get to jiggling in front of me...or even dancing for that matter. That is all.

Amen.

WOW its been a long time since i been to church but believe i will be there with the same prayer

WarEagleMage

First Post
I would never dream of preempting JD's teaser, but I do have good news to report from tonight's session: Our prayers were answered and no pickles were jiggled. Can I get an "Amen" from the congregation!

Remove ads