• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Aracase

Explorer
JollyDoc said:
“Tower Cleaver hate this place,” he grumbled.
LOL! This is TC's clarifying moment. He really does hate the abyss, so much.

After the Big D goes down and if TC lives, he's going to retire to the 'Plane of Corona' and enjoy the heck out of blue water, sandy beaches, sea breezes, and hot girls/heifers with coconut bikinis.

carborundum

Adventurer
Every time someone storms a beach I think of Saving Private Ryan now. Awesome scene - and all this high level spell chucking is great fun, of course.

Does TC really kill 3 demons in one sweeping strike? Jiminy cricket!

As for heifer-valkyries in coconut-shell bikinis - thats one for the character portrait request thread :)

PS: JollyDoc - what penalty does your campaign use for a Raise Dead - negative level, xp loss, something else?

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
carborundum said:
Every time someone storms a beach I think of Saving Private Ryan now. Awesome scene - and all this high level spell chucking is great fun, of course.

Does TC really kill 3 demons in one sweeping strike? Jiminy cricket!

As for heifer-valkyries in coconut-shell bikinis - thats one for the character portrait request thread :)

PS: JollyDoc - what penalty does your campaign use for a Raise Dead - negative level, xp loss, something else?

Yes, alas, TC really does. With Mighty Swing he can hit three adjacent square simultaneously, and with Power Attack 8, he deals out somewhere around a hundred points of damage per chop to each square he hits. Fear it!

For Raise Dead, you come back mid-way in xp at the previous level. Hasn't been too much of a factor lately, especially when they use the Revenance/Revivfy combo.

Aracase said:
After the Big D goes down and if TC lives, he's going to retire to the 'Plane of Corona' and enjoy the heck out of blue water, sandy beaches, sea breezes, and hot girls/heifers with coconut bikinis.
TC is really the one I would most like to see survive the campaign. Don't know, but I have a soft spot in my heart for this killing machine - he somehow seems to be the most innocent of the lot, he's just doing what he does best. :p

If you guys need something to calm yourselves after the ending of Savage Tide, you could always replay the fight against improved Kyuss with the Legion. :]

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
TC is really the one I would most like to see survive the campaign. Don't know, but I have a soft spot in my heart for this killing machine - he somehow seems to be the most innocent of the lot, he's just doing what he does best. :p :]

It's ironic, because when David first joined our group, he kind of came up with TC on the fly, since a fighter-type was a simple character concept. He had no illusions that the minotaur would survive. TC was just supposed to be a stop-gap while he came up with his "real" character. I to am glad the big fella's made it this far. You're right. He has no great agenda to pursue. He holds no personal grudges. What you see is what you get, and if you happen to be on the receiving end of that axe, that's a whole lot of whup ass!!

Aracase

Explorer
JollyDoc said:
He had no illusions that the minotaur would survive.
Yeah, and if you read the story hour when TC first appeared in the game, you can read where JollyDoc killed him. :p

I try to play TC true neutral sometimes he's good, sometimes not. He loathes the abyss, but as you've read, his "herd" needs him.

JollyDoc

Explorer
SUNDAY TEASER

1) The Legion meets the Maw of the Abyss and his joystick of pure evil. This is one for the books. Tower Cleaver gets to see Paradise 3 times in 3 minutes, and he's joined by another Legionnaire as well!

2) The hordes of Orcus invade Gaping Maw, but it seems that thousands of undead and demons still need the help of six mortals to accomplish their goals.

3) Obox-ob has a return engagement, and Iggwilv calls in her marker.

4) The Legion goes in search of Bagromar's brother, only to find that he is indisposed, so they have to settle for chatting with his War Secretary-General instead...

Quartz

Hero
I too have a soft spot for TC. I'd like to see what happens if he were to get a Belt of Magnificence. Would he have a Belkar moment?

Remove ads