JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Joachim

First Post
gfunk said:
A new "hero" eh? Could it be someone decided to do a character swap . . . or did an old player show up?

No...new player (one of Bryant's old gamer buddies, and he's a Civil Engineer to boot). As for his new PC, I have only one thing to say...moo.

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Yeah, what was the total score for the Legion at the end of the battle? Must have been top category...

No. We didn't have enough ranks in Profession (Worthless), Knowledge (Suboptimal PCs), and Craft (Stupid Plot Device). If we had those worthwhile skills, then we might have been able to break into the top category.

Joachim

First Post
carborundum said:
By the way - have the players had much time for crafting during the adventure? Or are they not the crafty types?

Yes, as a matter of fact we have. I have put Craft Wondrous Item to...um...uh...'wondrous' use already.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Yeah, what was the total score for the Legion at the end of the battle? Must have been top category...

They had a grand total of around 2000-2100 VP's, enough to qualify them for Victory but not Triumph.

JollyDoc

Explorer
carborundum said:
Now I'll have to get my hands on that Celestial Winds thingy to see what you're up to next!
Sounds good though.

It's The Coming Storm, from Dungeon # 136. I've altered it a bit, but it's fun already!

BTW, the new character is giving Sepoto a run for his money in the pure melee damage department. I think our goliath buddy might be developing chain envy, or rather great axe envy.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Joachim said:
No. We didn't have enough ranks in Profession (Worthless), Knowledge (Suboptimal PCs), and Craft (Stupid Plot Device). If we had those worthwhile skills, then we might have been able to break into the top category.

Sounds likes those skills might not be as "worthless, sub-optimal, and stupid" as previously thought. When in doubt, Hulk Smash!

Schmoe

Adventurer
JollyDoc said:
It's The Coming Storm, from Dungeon # 136. I've altered it a bit, but it's fun already!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. When I first read that adventure, I remember thinking just how chock-full of awesomeness it was. In fact, I think I posted a thread on the Paizo boards to that effect. It might not be an appropriate discussion in this thread, but did you (JD) make many modifications to The Coming Storm? Or are you running it pretty much straight up? I don't really remember the recommended levels for that, or where the PCs should be in the STAP right now.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Schmoe said:
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. When I first read that adventure, I remember thinking just how chock-full of awesomeness it was. In fact, I think I posted a thread on the Paizo boards to that effect. It might not be an appropriate discussion in this thread, but did you (JD) make many modifications to The Coming Storm? Or are you running it pretty much straight up? I don't really remember the recommended levels for that, or where the PCs should be in the STAP right now.

Well, that's the reason I'm running it. Lightless Depths is recommended for 11th level, and most of the group is right at 10th. The exception is Sepoto. He is ECL 11, but in reality 10 actual character levels. So I'm hoping this linker will bring them all into the 11 range. I'm not modifying it greatly except for the back story. I think it works well as is. It's already been challenging for the group, but it is my hope that it is not too challenging. After all, it is a linker. However, the last linker I used, way back in Shackled City, was the Black Egg, and IIRC, I killed one PC twice with that one, and perhaps another as well...{shrug}... :]

Joachim

First Post
Schmoe said:
Sounds likes those skills might not be as "worthless, sub-optimal, and stupid" as previously thought. When in doubt, Hulk Smash!

Tell me, how many PCs actually put max ranks (which it would require to make the checks) in Knowledge (Architecture) and Profession (Farmer)?

IanB

First Post
Allow me to chime in with a hearty BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the dwarf ancestor cheese. :p That creature is so clearly mis-designed.

Remove ads