JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Rafa

First Post
Of course, you realize that with a comment like that, we have to see the build now. I mean, what exactly could he have picked? Toughness? Combat Casting? Skill Focus(Craft: Pottery)? Enquiring minds want to know!

gfunk

First Post
Deceitful actually . . .

Sunday Night Update

1. The return of the good, old-fashioned dungeon crawl. The party clears the Lotus Dragon guild room by room by room . . .

2. Of course to keep things interesting, we attempt to assume the identities of those we slay. And we have fun with torture devices . . .

3. We meet Ferox's replacement and recruit him to our cause.

4. We finally meet the Guildmistress and listen to her offer and consider it . . . seriously.

Schmoe

Adventurer
gfunk said:
Deceitful actually . . .

Sunday Night Update

4. We finally meet the Guildmistress and listen to her offer and consider it . . . seriously.

Well, I can't say this was unexpected. :)

As for Anwar - assuming you are, indeed, enjoying being a manipulative b@st@rd, I think you will be quite happy with your character for at least the next couple of adventures. I also think that the power of social and deception skills is significantly underrated by the typical power-gamer crew. The latest writeup is a great example of how effective they are.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Amazing update!

I really admire the interplay between Anwar and Thrisp. Even though it may not be an entirely accurate portrayal of the game, in terms of the story I really like how these two disagree and butt heads.

I love the alternate solutions that gfunk and Joachim are coming up with, and successfully showing how enchantment and Disguise can accomplish much.

And then there's this:
gfunk said:
Just in case, this is not for player's in JollyDoc's game and anyone not interested in spoilers...
[sblock]Considering that the Adventure Path actually takes this into account, I would love to see a Savage Tide story hour that perhaps takes this turn. I've read all of the subsewuent adventures in Dungeon, and was pleased to see the sidebars detailing this alternate version.

Looking forward to either decision the PCs make! :)[/sblock]

JollyDoc

Explorer
EDITOR'S NOTE: I have updated the information in the Dramatis Personae section of my first post, and will continue to do so as the roster changes.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
JollyDoc said:
EDITOR'S NOTE: I have updated the information in the Dramatis Personae section of my first post, and will continue to do so as the roster changes.

Would it be possible to include the player's names and usernames, as well? I get mixed up sometimes who is playing who. ;)

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
From what book is the Crusader class, and what's their basic deal?

And gfunk, don't worry about power. With Complete Adventurer, a few other WotC books, and masterwork instruments, bards can kick butt. Inspire Greatness (+6attack/+6 dam) FTW!

Oh, and definitely consider going Mindbender for one level. The telepathy ability lets you communicate with (and therefore Bluff, Diplomacize, etc) anything with a language. Much more efficient than spending ranks on languages, or fussing with spells (Comprehend Languages and Tongues both require a touch). If your schtick is talking with folks it makes sense to pick a path that lets you get on with the talking. :)

-z

Last edited:

Remove ads