JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Nice...very nice. I'm glad the party did not manage to kill or subdue Rowyn. She is way too cool & this way she can join Demogorgon's side in the final battle. :]

Very nice chapter, JollyDoc! You really manage to paint a good picture of the group, their dynamic and their conflicts.

Anwar is, of course, the most controversial member of the team. I would expect a short life expectancy for poor Lavinia, should she ever decide to marry that one. On the other hand, I wonder if Anwar will meet his end at the hand of an enemie or maybe a fed up team member (or all of them)... You tell the tale - we just wonder. ;)

LordVyreth

First Post
Out of curiosity, are you not labeling the dates of your updates intentionally? For some unknown reason, enworld works really badly at work; adobe keeps on complaining about plug-ins for some reason. So I usually only check story hours when I can read a new update and then grab the new comments at the same time. I was just wondering if that was planned.

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
Out of curiosity, are you not labeling the dates of your updates intentionally? For some unknown reason, enworld works really badly at work; adobe keeps on complaining about plug-ins for some reason. So I usually only check story hours when I can read a new update and then grab the new comments at the same time. I was just wondering if that was planned.

I'm not sure I follow. I'm showing the date when I posted as yesterday at 9:01 pm CST. Does that not show up for everyone?

JollyDoc

Explorer
EvolutionKB said:
Very good update here guys...I've recognized daze, magic missle, lesser energy orbs, but what aura does Samson have up during battle, and does Sepoto use manuvers or just the healing stance? I really like how you guys are pulling off the anti-heroes here. I'd have to say I started off not liking Anwar, but he is definately growing on me.

Samson most often uses the aura that gives +1 to initiative, then switches to DR. He'll use fast healing if someone if badly wouned.

Sepoto's stances...again, I'll have to let Ika comment on that. He uses the healing one quite a bit, then he uses one that temporarily gives the rest of the group +4 to hit. Sometimes when he takes damage, he'll defer it until after the fight. Some of these are hard to describe in story telling.

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
Sepoto is in the Martial Spirit Stance all the time which when I hit a enemy I can choose to give 2 HP to me or someone who is injured. So far I have used manuevers but like Jollydoc said they are hard to explain.
I have 2 devoted spirit 2 white raven and one Stone Dragon so far. This last update I never hardly got a chance to use any because the fights where over real quick.

But I have at one time or another Healed someone as a CLW and have given myself DR and given everyone a +4 to hit for a round. I do not have ny books in front of me or I would give you the names for each manuever. If he makes it a few more levels I will post him on here.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
I would like to see all your guy's sheets, presuming they survive of course. What level is everyone now? Can't wait to see Samson let loose that breath weapon.

gfunk

First Post
Sunday Night Update
1. The Legion (yes you read right) clears out the Lotus Dragon's ill-gotten gains but not without a few licks.
2. Instead of doing the "right" thing in terms of revealing the identities of the Lotus Dragons' allies, Thrisp and Anwar decide to blackmail as many as possible.
3. In the process of blackmailing everyone, we come onto some very interesting information. As a matter of course, we also learn that certain noble houses have crappy security (or really bad Spot checks).
4. The Dawn Council proclaims the Legion city-wide heroes despite our best efforts to the contrary.
5. Onto Kraken Cove for more adventure where we are boarded by pirates.
6. Nothing says loving like feral monkeys and pirates. But alas, we are again reminded of the very short lifespan of dwarven fighters in our campaign.

LordVyreth

First Post
JollyDoc said:
I'm not sure I follow. I'm showing the date when I posted as yesterday at 9:01 pm CST. Does that not show up for everyone?

I mean in the main headline for the Story Hour itself. As in, calling it "JollyDoc's Savage Tide (Updated 12/xx/06)." I thought that was the format you used in earlier SH threads, and it seems to be the standard in general around here.

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
I mean in the main headline for the Story Hour itself. As in, calling it "JollyDoc's Savage Tide (Updated 12/xx/06)." I thought that was the format you used in earlier SH threads, and it seems to be the standard in general around here.

OIC...Gfunk used to do that for me. I'm not quite sure how...

gfunk

First Post
JollyDoc said:
OIC...Gfunk used to do that for me. I'm not quite sure how...

All you have to do is go to the first post of the thread and hit the "Edit Post" button. Then you can change the thread title. Just add the date to the end of "Jollydoc's Savage Tide."

Remove ads