JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

gfunk

First Post
With a snort and a snarl that would freeze a lesser man’s blood, he surged forward, his axe a blur of ruin before him.

Very well written! This is what puts this SH, IMO, ahead of others.

Extremely interesting battle. Attacking in the middle of the old Rope Trick is definitely a classic strategy ;)

Also, I was surprised to see Death Knell used and that it actually worked. Must've been a bad luck day for saving throw rolls all around . . .

Richard Rawen

First Post
Aye, many twists in that battle, and my condolences to Samson. The rest of the damage is within their capabilities to restore, though it will slow them some. Hopefully they can take the demon remains to the Coatl - with Mandi staying out of sight - and learn more from them without a battle, but then again...

gfunk

First Post
What was the party supposed to do with the Coutals? Was the demon-skin ambush going to happen anyway? Perhaps the Coutals would've helped?

carborundum

Adventurer
What a battle! And what a shame about Samson. (And Marius, and Daelric...) Again, compliments on the writing - it was a great update!

Quick question: I'm curious about Mandi and how she was written. Did she know it was a maurezhi demon (Knowledge skill roll) or did you add that for us readers?

And does Raise Dead not work after a Death Knell? Or did Daelric try something else?

Wow, I just caught up with the story after a really busy time at work & home. I couldn't believe the outcome of the last module - what a battle.

As is this. This fight can be very hard depending on two things - the surprise of the demons and the RBDM. How are you going to fix Marius and Delaric?

As for Samson, he couldn't have had his soul consumed as this takes 30 minutes. JollyDoc probably put this in for story purposes. It still leaves the problem with the raise dead limitations...

JollyDoc

Explorer
gfunk said:
What was the party supposed to do with the Coutals? Was the demon-skin ambush going to happen anyway? Perhaps the Coutals would've helped?

The couatl's were there mainly to facilitate giving more clues about Thanaclan. Their lack of cooperation is not a deal breaker for the group. The ambush would have happened one way or another.

JollyDoc

Explorer
carborundum said:
What a battle! And what a shame about Samson. (And Marius, and Daelric...) Again, compliments on the writing - it was a great update!

Quick question: I'm curious about Mandi and how she was written. Did she know it was a maurezhi demon (Knowledge skill roll) or did you add that for us readers?

And does Raise Dead not work after a Death Knell? Or did Daelric try something else?

Mandi has mad knowledge skills, and when she emerged from the Rope Trick, she made knowledge checks against everything on the field. Death Knell is a Death effect. Spells such as Raise Dead, Revivify and Revanance do not work. Only Resurrection can help.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Wow, I just caught up with the story after a really busy time at work & home. I couldn't believe the outcome of the last module - what a battle.

As is this. This fight can be very hard depending on two things - the surprise of the demons and the RBDM. How are you going to fix Marius and Delaric?

As for Samson, he couldn't have had his soul consumed as this takes 30 minutes. JollyDoc probably put this in for story purposes. It still leaves the problem with the raise dead limitations...

Daelric was/will be able to Heal himself of deafness, and likewise Marius' Feeblemind. The latter description was actually of the demon's Death Knell ability, not Consume. Either way, Samson's just as dead.

Remove ads