• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day: GOOD (Evil stay out)

Jarval

Explorer
Ferrix said:
"Although our concern with the outer farms is of the utmost importance, should a powerful enemy get within the walls without our notice, there are indeed dire consequences to think of," his radiant voice echoes strongly. Looking to Eladrin he nods thoughtfully, considering the comments.
"I take it you mean The Amperage?" Lina asks, nodding in agreement. "Eladrin is right in that any major move against the farms will be visible, and given our capabilities, can be dealt with swiftly. And if we do as you suggest and place those with a suitable degree of arcane skill on the city gates so that invisible invaders can be noticed while still outside our defences, then all the better.

"So the one remaining factor we must guard ourselves against is teleportation. What resources and people should we place a guard over to ward against such an incursion? The wells within the city walls seem one potential weak spot."

Endovior

First Post
"Well, if you're worried about the Amperage being taken, why not send it away? It's hardly useful in port, what with the lack of a good firing angle, and I'm certain that there are dozens of useful missions it could be put to could use on. That being said, places to ward against teleportation would be the places where the greatest tactical damage could be done in the shortest time... specifically, places like the mage barracks, the bedrooms of the commanders, that sort of thing. We can repair things easily enough... but people are hard to replace, and more fragile then most of the things we have; even a few teleporting assassins could conceivably cause great havoc."

Jemal

Adventurer
at that moment a tiny woman walks in, easily recognizable by all as the High Priestess of the temple of Light, the Halfling Alise. "I can deal with the teleportation problem, though doing so will require all of my magics to cover a city of this size, and constant concentration and prayer. If I do so I will be unable to help should an actual fight arrive on our doorsteps."

Alise is the most powerful cleric in the city, and her consort the Paladin Lord Jonathin is the commander of the guard. They are 2 of the 7 Elected members that make up the cities ruling council.

Sorry I didn't post this information sooner, guys. If you have questions feel free to ask.

BTW, I have temp. Internet access at intermittent times.. I'm currently living.. well, EVERYWHERE and don't have a 'home' computer... this is my sis's right now.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Lina curtsies as the High Priestess Alise enters the room.

"If you can achieve such a feat with your magic, then I think that would perhaps be a wise precaution. If we can see an army coming, we can deal with them in the field, as it were. Dealing with our foes inside the city itself would be rather more difficult I suspect, and we cannot guard every potential target simultaneously.

"The other issue that comes to mind is we don't know when or where our enemies will strike, or even who they are. Gathering some more intelligence on these matters should also be high on our agenda. Do we have any arcanists skilled in divination magic at our disposal?"

Albedo

First Post
Alise answers that the city has been locked down and has almost constant observation. But if there is something more you need, they can provide a large number of spellcasters who can assist with the divinations.

Endovior

First Post
Eladrin thinks for a moment.

"What we really need is information. The preferred source would be if you, or another Cleric of great skill, could commune with your god to provide information regarding our enemies plans. That could save us a huge amount of effort; in determining what our foes are and are not planning to do. For example, if it could be determine whether or not our foes plan to teleport, then we could, based off that, decide either to have you prevent a proven threat, or not use your talents to defend against what will not come."

Albedo

First Post
A messenger runs into the room and whispers to Alise. She turns to the warriors of good. "The attack has already started it seems. Guards on the outskirts of the city have engaged a spellcaster, and scouts report there are three more trying to make their way into the city. One of the Guard Commanders is going to try and repulse them, but should he fail, they shall be upon the city fairly soon.

Jarval

Explorer
"Do we have an accurate location for these assaults?" Lina asks, spreading her portable hole on the floor of the room and pulling the Mirror of mental prowess from within.

"If I know where to scry, we can be there in moments. The more accurate the information I am given, the quicker I can find these foes." This said, she touches the holy symbol at her neck and calls on Gnarla to bless those in the room.

Shakil, sat in the far corner of the room, gets to his feet. He moves to stand beside the Mirror, leaning on his rough-hewn quarterstaff.

"Any idea as to the strengths of the attackers?" He asks. "If needs be, I could ward a couple of us against death magic."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads