Jungle Monster: Papalotl

Clay_More

First Post
hehehe, fun. Used coloring crayons? Thats a long time since I painted a picture with color (most my pictures are boredom scatchings... I get bored easily as well).

As a comment on the fire vulnerability thing. What about this.
"If the Papalotl looses more than 50% of its hitpoints due to fire damage, it looses its ability to fly untill the damage has been fully healed"

Ever see how easily insect wings crumble when put to the flame?

Clay_More

First Post
true, true. I already have when my players begin to use Subdual damage, so I know what you mean :)

Still cant get into the Underdark fey thread :(

fonzi9864

First Post
my first monster in a year and a half ... i got board .... agian. (what else is new?) i am leaving for cali tomarrow and will be back on sunday, i'll post the papaloti picture then.
Enjoy!

Tataloti
Huge Vermin
Hit Dice: 10d8+30 (75hp)
Initiative: -2 (-2 Dex, +0 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 10ft.
AC: 10 (-2 size,-2 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: 2 Claws + 15 Bite +10
Damage: Claws 2d4-5, Bite 2d4+10
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Acid Stream, Improved Grab
Special Qualities: Fire Vulnerability, Vermin,
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +1, Will +3
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 7, Con 16, Int --, Wis 10, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +5, Move Silently +4, Spot +4
---
Climate/Terrain:Warm Forest and Swamp,
Organization:Solitary, pair, or brood (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure:None
Alignment:Always Neutral
Advancement:13-18 HD (Gargantuan); 19-36 HD (Colossal)

Tataloti are the worm stage of the papaloti moth. They have purple colored eyes and blue-grey bodys. A large horn sticks out of there head, also have 2 long arms that the tataloti use to feed them selfs. Each arm ends in a hook like claw. Tataloti by instinct are feeding machines any thing they can get there claws on they eat -- even if its meat. When the tataloti is hatched it eats as much as it can as fast as it can, it spins a caccon and turns in to a papaloti once it eats 10 times it Hit Points worth of food. Once it is in its caccon it will change into a Papaloti in 1d4+2 weeks.

Combat
Tataloti are midless, there only goal is to eat. When incounterd most likey it will try to eat the whole party.
Acid Stream (Ex): Once per day the Tataloti can shoot a stream of acid from its mouth. All hit by the acid must make a saving throw (reflex) or there armor looses half is armor rating due to holes in the breast peace, ect. The acid only effects metal armors.
Improved Grab(Ex): To use this ability the Tataloti but hit with both its claw attacks, there after it can make a bite attack at +15 instead of +10
Fire Vulnerability (Ex): Fire based attacks deal one additional point of damage per die against a papalotl.
Vermin: As a vermin the papalotl has no intelligence score and is therefore immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). It has darkvision 60'

Black and White Picture :
tataloti_bw.jpg

Color Photo:
tataloti_color.jpg

Krishnath

First Post
Cool worm stage for the papalotl

Btw, it's papalotl (with an L at the end), not papaloti.

But I'm sure you know that already and only wrote it with an i by accident... :D

fonzi9864

First Post
:quotes harry potter:

"its not levy-ohhh-su its levy-oh-su"

lol :D just kidding. so what do you think of the monster? the art? iam dead tired from the trip back from la jolla so i will post the photo tomarrow probably*

laters

Remove ads