Just a little something (Long)

Imret

First Post
Finally managed to register to this forum (IE gave me hassles forever), so thought I'd drop a little something for kicks. 's just a current plotline I'm working on. All the events are centered around a tiny village (roughly 70 people) named Shinon's Dell. This one could be dropped into just about any campaign, so feel free if you like it. It's designed to give a 2nd level party some hassle and force them to think, but it can be made more or less fatal fairly easily.

And I can say as much as I do here because none of my players read these boards. :D

Dramatis Personae
Vol, buffed (6HD, Int 12) worg.
Meef'tk, 2nd level NE goblin adept (Alchemy 5).
Joshua, 4th level human druid.
Daniel, 3rd level human expert (blacksmith).
Sarah, Daniel's 9y/o daughter (Wisdom 8).
The Cracktooth Tribe, 22 common goblin warriors and their wives & children.

Plot Background
The Cracktooth goblins live in an abandoned copper mine outside of Shinon's Dell, led by Vol (whose habit of chewing the legs off of insubordinates has cemented his position as chief). Meef'tk, knowing the way to power when he sees it, allied quickly with the powerful worg and obeys him fully.

Recently, the goblins raided a caravan carrying alchemist's fire, flash powder, and burncord bound for a baron's daughter's wedding. Using the threat of goblin suicide bombers and his knowledge of where the sacred grove is, Vol has finally managed to tie Joshua's hands in the region around Shinon's Dell, allowing him to expand the tribe's power.

To make things better for him, a bargaining chip has fallen into his lap; Sarah, who has a tendency to wander out into the woods, stumbled across Vol and quickly fell in love with the "big talking doggy". Once he learned who her father is, he approached the smith late one night with an offer: begin forging short swords until told otherwise and tell no-one about this, and your daughter can live. Terrified for his child's life, he accepts.

If the party members can't discover Vol's presence and drive the goblins away, the worg begins to send out runners to nearby tribes carrying a half-dozen shortswords each and a message from Vol: join under his rulership, and all your warriors will receive such weapons, and more; steel helms, shields, and armor. When he has one hundred warriors, Vol orders an attack on Shinon's Dell and seizes it in one night. The townsfolk not killed are put to work serving the goblins, including sending charmed citizens to nearby communities to purchase iron ore for the smithy. Vol is building a goblin army, and dependant on where the party's adventures take them, they might not be able to stop it in time.

Comments? Concerns? Suggestions? Just sorta seeing what people think of it and pumping for new takes on it, so sorry for wasting your time if this wasn't what you hoped it would be.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Great, complex plot! The only question I have is how Vol got so powerful and intelligent? Perhaps he could be the result of Joshua's failed experiments to make natural creatures more powerful to fight off encroaching humans, like maybe a failed Awaken spell or somthing similar? Vol doesn't know that Joshua is his "father" while Joshua does not know about his failed experiment being the great foe he is seemingly impotent against. Imagine the torment the two would go through when discovering their relationship. And why was the copper mine abandoned? Perhaps there are lingering evil spirits of a god long dead inside that were discovered by the former miners? Perhaps that is what is driving the Cracktooth goblins out of their preferred subterreanean home? That could lead to later adventures down the road.

Dimenhydrinate

First Post
I really like it and plan on using this before too long... but a question, is there a reason that sarah's WIS is so high? maybe it is just me but she seems (at 9) to be near average for a fully matured adult human... in 9 years she only gains 2 points of wis?That and you made a point to note it ...

Remove ads