• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just obtained BtVS Core Rulebook!!

Tjaden

First Post
I've basically read through all of it and I'm salivating with the thought of playing it soon. What I would like to know is what some other people have done with plot lines/ characters/magic(especially magic) and just overall blow by blow story lines if you wish. My "director" hasn't really looked over the book yet, but we are both die hard Buffy fans, he is just struggling with setting ideas and the like.

Thanks!

CCamfield

First Post
Um... I don't think this post belongs here. :)

For what it's worth there has been a LOT of discussion about the Buffy game over at RPG.net. I remember reading about one campaign set in Nawlins which sounded very cool.

Ace

Adventurer
Tjaden said:
I've basically read through all of it and I'm salivating with the thought of playing it soon. What I would like to know is what some other people have done with plot lines/ characters/magic(especially magic) and just overall blow by blow story lines if you wish. My "director" hasn't really looked over the book yet, but we are both die hard Buffy fans, he is just struggling with setting ideas and the like.

Thanks!

Its a great game isn't it.

It is my tied with GURPS as my number #1 system right now (#2 is D20 of course)

My suggestion for plotting is simple,

Everyone (except maybe 1 person) is in highschool in some city. I use Santa Carla (from lost boys) I don't recomend Sunnydale unless you get rid of the Slayer and the Scoobies first though. Otherwise the PC's (who are inhumanly pragmatic) will fall inot the let Buffy do it mode or be overshadowed by the NPC's

In the city there are many monsters, some lead to the big bad and some don't. Athe end of the season have a big battle

Go from there.

It has been working for me so far (I am the director)

Oh and one more hint, only allow a female player to play the Slayer. It encourages the guys to recruit women and have creative concepts for charcters. YMMV

IMC we have 3 scoobies (a teacher/watcher/sorcerer, an experienced scooby vampire hunters nephew -- his uncle is whistler from Blade sort of, a football 'gronk') and 1 hero (a native american wolf totem warrior) -- we also have had 3 other scoobies who haven't been able to attend sessions (a death metal musician/doper/artist- his charcter is now in jail, a karate expert -- his character is okinanwa-- and a french exchange student )

In our sessions they have discovered 4 plotlines, foreshadowed the big bad, fought F'Klesh Demons, Zombies and Vamps.

There has also been more creative Rp'ing and wisecracking than I have seen in any game I have played with them

If i can get them to carry the general cooolness of Buffy into the next D&D campaign it is going to rock on toast

Remove ads